Author Topic: JFK...BA MD11...FSX  (Read 7962 times)

Kiwiwanabe

JFK...BA MD11...FSX
« on: October 16, 2008, 12:16:11 am »
JFK and the MD11...two best releases in a long while...since KORD anyway....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Razgriz

Re: JFK...BA MD11...FSX
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:51:57 am »
How do you manually set LDG altitude and set your stabilizer?  I always get T\O warning for it.

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:02:04 am »
I'm barely past "slew" on this one...I hope to work through the manuals and tutorial this weekend....I did a quick circuit to get these pics and I think I set off every bell, whistle, horn, noisemaking thing it has... :-X

Sorry I can't help...yet  :)

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 01:43:25 am »
the tail section in that last part looks real,

On the PMDG pre-release video on Youtube, the pilots move around in the cockpit from the spot plane view, does this happen at random, or is it tied to the movement of the aircraft systems and controls... thanks

Razgriz

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 03:17:30 am »
I don't know but they are always moving.  There moving their heads to the left and right and looking @ instruments.  STAB TRIM is your trim, it needs to be at about 2.5-3.0 (set for takeoff).

M-Sauce

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 09:00:58 am »
I don't know but they are always moving.  There moving their heads to the left and right and looking @ instruments.  STAB TRIM is your trim, it needs to be at about 2.5-3.0 (set for takeoff).

Stab trim setting is a fucntion of the weight and balance. There isn't a solid number to use everytime, unless you always fly with the exact same loading conditions. On the B744 the FMS will give you the trim setting once you fill out the Perf Init pages and set the harden up the MAC TOW.

The takeoff trim setting that the FMS (Or perf charts if you are up for it) gives you is a setting that will maintain V2 during an engine failure. That is why on most takeoffs you end up trimming nose down quite soon after takeoff. You rarely hold V2 with all engine's operating. You are most likely V2+10 or faster, depending on your rotation rate.

I don't own the MD-11 from PMDG because I don't have FSuX (sorry!), but I'm sure that the MD-11 FMS has a function that spits out your TO trim setting once you have finished all the programming.

On another note, no offense, but those shots look more like FS2002 than FS2004. Does FSX not have ground shadows? Are those the best rendered clouds for FSX?  ???

Mariano  ;D