Author Topic: XPOI vanishes after a few seconds from the addon tab **SOLVED**  (Read 11125 times)

earnorbust

Re: XPOI vanishes after a few seconds from the addon tab
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 10:26:22 am »
Umberto

My system seems to be up and working again (thank God).

I turned off my antivirus software and restarted your newest "Setup_addonmanagerX" again. I left the antivirus program off this time and started FSX. Everything works again! The uncanny thing that bothers me is, I don't understand why this situation is resolved and why it happened!

That was a close call to an ultimate MCA for me!  :-\

Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: XPOI vanishes after a few seconds from the addon tab
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 12:32:43 pm »
I turned off my antivirus software and restarted your newest "Setup_addonmanagerX" again. I left the antivirus program off this time and started FSX. Everything works again! The uncanny thing that bothers me is, I don't understand why this situation is resolved and why it happened!

A likely reason is: the current version of the Addon Manager .dll (which is downloaded automatically, even by older installers), requires the VC++ 2013 runtimes from Microsoft to be installed.

If you don't have them on your system already, it won't work, but if you download any current FSDT installer, either a product like GSX or XPOI or a scenery, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, the installer comes with the VC++ 2013 runtimes and installs them automatically, that's what was fixed your issue, most likely.