Author Topic: Flashing Windows with P3D  (Read 16747 times)

bjratchf

Flashing Windows with P3D
« on: March 09, 2015, 08:52:23 pm »
I'm getting a very strange effect- the terminal windows in LSZH are flickering/flashing rapidly. This is most pronounced at night- during the daytime, the flickering is only the top portion of the terminals.

I've tried turning off nvidia transparency multisampling, turning off shadows, but the effect still remains. I'm using nvidia's latest drivers, and the latest P3D build 12944 (v2.5). Any advice? Perhaps there's a bgl somewhere I could disable to get rid of the windows? I'd rather have nothing there!

Thanks,

Bob Savo

Re: Flashing Windows with P3D
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 04:08:53 am »
I just reinstalled my version., for P3d V2.5 I have flashing windows also. No luck on slide adjusting.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:47:28 am »
We'll look into it. Have you noticed this only with 2.5 ?

Bob Savo

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 12:03:40 pm »
My P3D 2.4 was ok.  I use win 8.1 and my Nvidia card driver was updated a few days ago to see if it was that. But
no luck. Thanks Bob Savo

Bob Savo

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 01:08:32 pm »
I found a solution. I had my target frame rate at unlimited. I changed it to 21 fps and no more flicker.  Bob Savo

bjratchf

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 06:13:39 am »
I was going to say- I had changed this setting too, and it appears to have solved the problem. While in unlimited, I did notice that "restarting couatl" also helped enourmously.

liketofly

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 08:30:24 pm »
Hi,

I'm also having the same problem - and restarting cuatl helps as well - so something must be wrong.....

Also the people below the terminal walk backwards......

kind regards
liketofly

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 02:10:03 pm »
and restarting cuatl helps as well - so something must be wrong.....

The objects created will be the same, regardless if Couatl is started once or restarted so, I cannot see why restarting could make any difference, unless there's some kind of P3D bug that sometimes creates double objects, but if this was the case, there should be a large drop in fps when you see the flickering, and a large increase after a Couatl restart.

Also the people below the terminal walk backwards....

That's a confirmed P3D bug related to special effects handling. We would prefer LM would fix it, instead of reversing the animation, which works fine in FSX and FSX:SE.

hk66

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 04:46:34 pm »
Same problem for me.. flashing windows with P3Dv2.5. My sim runs very smoothly with 30-35 fps with FSDT LSZH and PMDG 777 at unlimited frame rates. Therefore I wouldn't like to set a target frame rate of only 21 fps to stop this annoying flashing and hope that you could make an update for LSZH.
best regards
Hans

flycathay

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 10:08:55 am »
I also got flashing windows in VC view, but seems ok in external view. (LSZH demo mode)

Limiting FPS doesn't work for me unfortunately.

flycathay

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 01:40:51 am »
Any updates on this? I really want to purchase Zurich but this flashing windows issue is stopping me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 11:20:23 am »
As I've said in my previous message, the scenery works fine in FSX and worked fine in all previous P3D version, and the buildings are 100% FSX SDK compliant (P3D 2.x dropped some compatibility with FS8/9 SDK objects, but this is not the case), so it's seems something that it's outside our control and should be fixed by LM.

We'll probably update LSZH in the future, like we did with JFK V2, so it's *possible* that either LM would have this fixed in the meantime, or switching to newer programming methods we used in later sceneries will, but it's not something we started yet, because there are other more pressing updates like KLAS and KORD first.

Airbusfan

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 03:06:00 pm »
I have the same problem with flickering windows at Terminal E and some flickering shadows (has nothing to do with the shadow options).

Restarting the couatl-engine solves the probblems for some minutes. I see that you are not willing to solve this in the closer future, but I just want to say that the problem occurs in my P3d V2.5, too.

Ursli80

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 12:48:36 pm »
Hello Umberto

I had this problem even with the version 2.0 of P3D.
This time I had posted here.

Unfortunately, I had to now also not succeed to change this.

salute
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 08:36:36 pm »
See my previous reply. In addition to that, I can safely say that we have decided to anticipate a bit a Zurich remake, which will probably be released after the KLAS remake, which will hopefully offer better compatibility with newer sims.

Considering Zurich has been originally released 8 years ago, I'd say it's remarkable how well it runs.