Author Topic: GSX Follow Me  (Read 2440 times)

rjp01

GSX Follow Me
« on: March 08, 2015, 06:36:03 pm »
Would it be possible for the follow me truck to be programmed to follow a specific route to the parking stand, as more and more times when flying online and have ATC, I get told to park at a stand, and I am given specific instructions on how to get there, and the follow me truck has its own ideas, and if I follow it, sometimes causes conflict and ATC not happy.

Also as seen in previous posts, but not heard if the update will be done, is if the follow me truck can be used to taxi out to an assigned runway for departure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Follow Me
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 10:12:46 am »
Would it be possible for the follow me truck to be programmed to follow a specific route to the parking stand, as more and more times when flying online and have ATC, I get told to park at a stand, and I am given specific instructions on how to get there, and the follow me truck has its own ideas, and if I follow it, sometimes causes conflict and ATC not happy.

That's not possible now, not at least very easy to do, since GSX uses the most efficient path taken from the information in the AFCAD which MIGHT or NOT contain what an human ATC would expect. Even if it was possible to specify some route, you might still have a problem if, for example, the AFCAD doesn't contain exactly the same taxiway layout as the human ATC was referring to, and even a single missing/changed taxiway might easily change the whole path chosen.

Also, the user interface for this might be clumsy and cumbersome to use when flying, because should be able to specify a route using some menus, and possibly realizing it's a dead end (for the reasons explained above), but only when you already inserted some legs of the path, so you had to restart for the selection again, until you find (assuming you can find it) a route that both agrees with the scenery AFCAD AND with the online ATC.

Also as seen in previous posts, but not heard if the update will be done, is if the follow me truck can be used to taxi out to an assigned runway for departure.

It can't, but we'll surely taking this into account for a future version.