Author Topic: Missing Taxiway in the Virtual Cockpit **SOLVED**  (Read 4479 times)

BillyM

Missing Taxiway in the Virtual Cockpit **SOLVED**
« on: March 06, 2015, 10:29:41 pm »
While in the Virtual Cockpit the taxiway markings disappear, but while in the outside view of the airplane the taxiway markings are present. The first time around the taxiway markings were gone then came back after a while, the second time around they didn't come back at all. Not sure what's causing this.

I was using the PMDG 737-800 at the time and I have Anisotropic filtering enabled.

Edit: I just noticed at zoom of .30 I cannot see the taxiway markings but at .40 (Which is too close) I can see the markings. Is this a draw distance issue and how can I fix it? I can see the runway markings and other things, but not the taxiway markings.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:03:12 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Taxiway in the Virtual Cockpit
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 12:07:13 pm »
Edit: I just noticed at zoom of .30 I cannot see the taxiway markings but at .40 (Which is too close) I can see the markings. Is this a draw distance issue and how can I fix it? I can see the runway markings and other things, but not the taxiway markings.

This has been discussed many times already on the forum, that's a result of fps optimization, which is made intentionally.

The scenery has been designed to be used at a zoom level from 0.50 to 0.70, because this is what is considered to be the more realistic setting. If we allowed to use any zoom settings, there would be a visible impact on fps.

Since you are reporting it's working from 0.40 onwards, you are still well within (and more) the parameters the scenery has been designed to work with so, just don't use 0.30.

BillyM

Re: Missing Taxiway in the Virtual Cockpit
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 03:40:52 pm »
Alright thanks, and I just wanted to note I'm also guessing it depends on the Virtual Cockpit of the plane, because I tried it with the PMDG 777 at .30 zoom and I had no trouble at all. But anyway, thanks for the help.

Bob Savo

Re: Missing Taxiway in the Virtual Cockpit **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 04:37:05 am »
If you are using P3D there is a Wide view Aspect Ratio box . check this box and it is a better view and you can zoom to 70% and that should help.