Author Topic: Pushback: Wrong Logical Order  (Read 3725 times)

gsxuser

Pushback: Wrong Logical Order
« on: March 06, 2015, 10:40:55 am »
Hi all,

got a problem with GSX/CS C-130 pushback.

I order the pushback truck and select the direction to push. Then while pushback i start the engines. When i reach the position where the pushback ends, the truck releases the gear and AFTER that it announces me to set the parking break. That is the wrong order, i have to set the parking break at first and then the truck may release the gear. The problem with the C-130 (and other planes): it moves forward even the throttles are set to ground idle, so it rolls over the toe truck.

Thanks, gsxuser.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback: Wrong Logical Order
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 11:08:23 am »
I order the pushback truck and select the direction to push. Then while pushback i start the engines. When i reach the position where the pushback ends, the truck releases the gear and AFTER that it announces me to set the parking break.

That doesn't happen here. I checked it now, both with and without starting engines during pushback, and in all cases, the end sequence is:

- The marshaller says "In position, please set parking brakes"

- The marshaller walks to the front gear, make a gesture to operate the towbar

- The tow truck disconnects, the marshaller says "Tow truck disconnected. By-pass pin removed."

- The marshaller says "Left is clear, right is clear", you are now free to disengage parking brakes.

gsxuser

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 11:33:43 am »
Hi Umberto,
thanks for your quick answer.

I think, it's a little misunderstanding. The marshaller and the tow truck are working in the order you described.

The problem is:

At your first point "- The marshaller says "In position, please set parking brakes"" the tow truck has stopped and "physically" disconnected the gear, so the plane moves towards the tow truck, before i'm able to set the breaks and before the marshaller announces to do so.

Thanks, gsxuser

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 11:38:42 am »
At your first point "- The marshaller says "In position, please set parking brakes"" the tow truck has stopped and "physically" disconnected the gear, so the plane moves towards the tow truck, before i'm able to set the breaks and before the marshaller announces to do so.

As I've said, this doesn't happen. From the sequence I indicated, which I just tested now, the tow truck disconnects only AFTER the marshaller said "In position, please set parking brakes".

Are you SURE you are referring to the normal Pushback procedure and not, instead, a Pushback you stopped manually when it was executing like, for example, the straight pushback option that always comes out if the scenery doesn't have any directions set ?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:40:24 am by virtuali »

gsxuser

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 12:40:46 pm »
Yes, i am SURE doing right.

I'll demonstrate you what i mean:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 06:53:11 pm »
Yes, i am SURE doing right.

I'll demonstrate you what i mean:

Ok, now I understand the problem is not the GSX truck that moves before giving you a chance to to set brakes, because the GSX truck is not moving at all. It's the airplane that is moving towards it, because it doesn't have enough ground friction to stay in the same place with engines on in idle.

I think we might prevent this by waiting more before releasing the airplane from the truck.

gsxuser

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 11:47:47 am »
Hi Umberto,
i think , you got it.
Hope you'll fixit soon.
Thanks in advance, gsxuser.