Author Topic: GSX not installing problems **SOLVED**  (Read 9296 times)

0mrlight0

GSX not installing problems **SOLVED**
« on: March 02, 2015, 05:31:53 pm »
Hi,
I have recently purchased GSX for FSX (*Standard Edition*). I have tried to install. However it asks me to download SP1 and SP2, so I did. After that I tried again, it downloaded. Of course I would then try to open FSX, so I did but when i opened it FSX crashed with a fatal error. Due to this I reinstalled FSX, GSX, SP1 and SP2. Now FSX opens without a fatal error but sometimes crashes when looking at the settings. I also read the GSX installation guide and it is saying something about addon-manager, do I download this serperatly somewhere or does it come in GSX. Also in the game I do not see the Add-ons tab and no sign of GSX. The Installation guide also said you will be promted with a few modules when opening GSX. I have not had any of these pop up, and lastly activiation. I read the manual and it says to find the add-on manager folder in the flight simulator x folder. I cannot see the Addon manager folder even when searching for it. Please help!
Thanks in advance
- 0mrlight0
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:54:03 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not installing problems.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 06:04:28 pm »
I have recently purchased GSX for FSX (*Standard Edition*)

The SP1 + SP2 are indicated as requirements for GSX (and any FSDT product) to work, but it will work with any FSX version, both Standard, Professional or Gold, as long as it's patched with both Service Packs.

After that I tried again, it downloaded. Of course I would then try to open FSX, so I did but when i opened it FSX crashed with a fatal error

Why "of course" ??? It's not normal it would crash with a fatal error. If you posted the error details here, we might have helped without having to reinstall anything.

Now FSX opens without a fatal error but sometimes crashes when looking at the settings.

You mean the FSX settings ? That cannot have anything to do with GSX.

also read the GSX installation guide and it is saying something about addon-manager, do I download this serperatly somewhere or does it come in GSX

It comes with GSX, of course. There's a separate download for it, in case you don't want to redownload the full GSX installer.

Also in the game I do not see the Add-ons tab and no sign of GSX

Well, that at least should clear up the fact your FSX crashes while you are in the settings, don't have anything to do with GSX, because IT'S NOT RUNNING!

I read the manual and it says to find the add-on manager folder in the flight simulator x folder. I cannot see the Addon manager folder even when searching for it.

I'm sorry, but from your report, it seems you are having crashes in FSX already, even if GSX is not running so, it looks like your FSX install has issues and/or is not complete so, nothing will work, and the fact you haven't been prompted to run the two modules, seems to indicate this is the case.

Try this first:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

0mrlight0

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:22:16 pm »
Hi Virtuali,
Sorry! Thanks for your help, but where can I find this specific addons menu that you listed and the end of your last reply? And also I have done what you listed above, althogh nothing is happening.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:20:07 pm by 0mrlight0 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 08:42:07 pm »
where can I find this specific addons menu that you listed and the end of your last reply?

From my reply:

check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

nothing is happening.

You mean you haven't even been asked permission to run the two modules after launching FSX for the first time after the uninstall/reinstall procedure ? Are you SURE you followed it TO THE LETTER, including this step ?

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

If you are not sure you did this step, especially the part in bold, do it again, be sure you do this step correctly, and PAY ATTENTION if you are been asked permission to run the two modules after launching FSX for the first time after the uninstall/reinstall procedure

0mrlight0

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:45:23 pm »
Hi Virtuali,
NO, I am not being promted with any modules and I have followed your instuructions listed correctly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:00:57 pm »
Be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

0mrlight0

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 09:11:21 pm »
Hi virtuali,
I don't see the compatabilty tab (have attached a picture of my properties) am I in the correct place?
There is nothing on the untrusted tab.
Many Thanks
0mrlight0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 09:31:40 am »
I don't see the compatabilty tab (have attached a picture of my properties) am I in the correct place?

I think you are looking at the Properties of the shortcut icon, rather than the properties of the FSX.EXE file itself, which is the *target* of the shortcut.

0mrlight0

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 06:00:18 pm »
Hi virtualli,
Nothing is enabled.
Thanks for your help
0mrlight0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 10:20:04 am »
Nothing is enabled.

Try to download the VC++ 2013 runtimes from Microsoft, this shouldn't be necessary, because they are installed automatically by our installer (provided you have used the latest version), but it might be worth trying it anyway:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Use the x86 version.

0mrlight0

**SOLVED**
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 04:55:03 pm »
Hi virtuali,
I have solved my problem by going to fsx.exe then running the compatibility troubleshooter, tested the program one of the options worked and now I am running gas fine and dandy!
Thanks for your hell otherwise I would not have found the compatibility tab!
Many thanks and I hope this solves future problems
0mrlight0