Author Topic: Cou atl is running but no buildings  (Read 12996 times)

devgrp

Re: Re: Cou atl is running but no buildings
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 04:22:05 pm »
Dude you are so arrogant. Its hard to believe you've stayed in business this long. Its a fact its not your program but it just so happens that you guys release an update and then a whole bunch of people just start having the same or similar problems. I've read the forums and seen people posting about how everything was working and then started getting error. I've seen a post about coualt not shutting down after fsx closes and you are saying all these safe guards are in place to prevent such things from happening. Maybe just maybe if you stop being so damn arrogant and thinking that your software is perfect then maybe you can help some of your paying customers who keep you in business
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:22:33 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 04:32:22 pm »
Dude you are so arrogant. Its hard to believe you've stayed in business this long.

It's been 22 years, yes, thank you. That alone should be enough to prove that MAYBE something right we must have done...

Its a fact its not your program

Sure it's not.

but it just so happens that you guys release an update and then a whole bunch of people just start having the same or similar problems

We haven't released ANY update to Coautl.exe in the recent days. Quite the opposite to what you said, we released an update to the Addon Manager (that doesn't have anything to do with YOUR issue), which in fact has SOLVED a LOT of issues to LOTS of people so no, the programs are constantly improved following users' feedback.

I've read the forums and seen people posting about how everything was working and then started getting error

Because they installed something new which was in that list. Or something that we still haven't discovered yet, because people "on the forums" don't bother to report it in the only place that makes sense, which is obviously here. When they do, the list of external causes is updated.

. Maybe just maybe if you stop being so damn arrogant and thinking that your software is perfect

If you followed ny advice about troubleshooting the issue by excluding all other modules, maybe you would have already found by now, the issue has been caused by some other FSX addon.  Instead, you are choosing to keep arguing, when it would have been much simpler to JUST follow my troubleshooting steps.

And even if this will not find anything, it would be useful to known anyway, because if it's NOT a program in "that list" and it's NOT an FSX addon, then you might have found a NEW, UNKNOWN offending program, that we might add to "the list", in case someone else will ask about it.

And of course, if we know the newfound program is not an FSX addon, it should be fairly easier to find what it is.

then maybe you can help some of your paying customers who keep you in business

I AM HELPING YOU. It's you that are NOT following my latest advice, and in the last two messages you posted, continued to argue instead of TRYING the suggestion.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:37:11 pm by virtuali »

devgrp

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 04:43:57 pm »
Its not any new program because I havent installed anything. Its not that hard to grasp man. I've mentioned it before but I'll do it again. Its not any of my addons in the dll.xml because that file had not changed and it was working before with no issues. After reinstalling the addon manager which you say has been updated the problem goes away until I end fsx and then later try to do another flight without restarting the pc. The only way I can get it to work is if I restart the pc so that should tell you something. Maybe coualt is not shutting down for some reason but its obvious that reinstall the addon manager somehow kills the process and then it gets started once fsx is running
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:46:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 04:53:14 pm »
Its not any new program because I havent installed anything. Its not that hard to grasp man. I've mentioned it before but I'll do it again. Its not any of my addons in the dll.xml because that file had not changed and it was working before with no issues.

You managed to post another reply, WITHOUT EVEN TRYING. Try it first, then report back.

The error is generated by Couatl.exe and it's caused by another program, and Couatl.exe HAS NOT CHANGED. By what principle I have to accept your explanation that "I havent installed anything", when you don't accept the one that Couatl.exe HASN'T CHANGED TOO ?

After reinstalling the addon manager which you say has been updated the problem goes away until I end fsx and then later try to do another flight without restarting the pc. The only way I can get it to work is if I restart the pc so that should tell you something.

Yes, that is something that is starting with FSX.

Maybe coualt is not shutting down for some reason but its obvious that reinstall the addon manager somehow kills the process and then it gets started once fsx is running

It should be very easy for you to check this: does the Couatl.exe process closes when you close FSX ?

And OF COURSE, my previous Troubleshooting steps of disabling all the other modules would have been VERY useful to do because, if this is the issue, and there's ANOTHER program that is preventing Couatl to close automatically, the  Troubleshooting steps I already indicated several posts before would have HELPED in this case

So, again, for the 4th time, TRY TO FOLLOW the Troubleshooting steps I indicated in my previous message.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 02:31:08 am »
Dude you are so arrogant. Its hard to believe you've stayed in business this long. Its a fact its not your program but it just so happens that you guys release an update and then a whole bunch of people just start having the same or similar problems. I've read the forums and seen people posting about how everything was working and then started getting error. I've seen a post about coualt not shutting down after fsx closes and you are saying all these safe guards are in place to prevent such things from happening. Maybe just maybe if you stop being so damn arrogant and thinking that your software is perfect then maybe you can help some of your paying customers who keep you in business

After this post i would be finished trying to help you if it was me . I can understand things get frustrating in trying to troubleshoot a problem whether it be here on FSDT or whatever , but calling some arrogant and being rude to someone else who is taking the time to help you is uncalled for. Your lucky you haven't found yourself banned yet.

devgrp

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 02:42:32 am »
Banned for what? Calling the guy arrogant lol. Its people like you who stroke their egos so they think they are all that. I guess anyone who challenge these developers should get banned right? The  guy is arrogant. I've seen other posts from him trying to help others and you can tell in his reply that he thinks that his software is bug free and never the problem but its  always another software that might be causing the problem. Sorry but thats not wining customer service, thats arrogance.

If I'm telling him that nothing has changed on my system and explaining exactly what is happening and he is telling me it cant be his software he is basically calling me a liar. He should be looking at all the possibilities to see if the problem can be solved. I pay my hard earned money for these programs so to say that I should be banned because I dont agree with the way how he is proceeding just shows how gullible you are.

This guy needs to take some lessons from some of the other developers in the fsx community like real air and A2A who is willing to look at every angle before saying it cant be their software that is causing the problem.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:17:42 am by virtuali »

BrandonLH81

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 02:55:18 am »
Oh well i guess you learned your lesson then didn't you since FSDT is so terrible . Go buy those awesome Blueprint Simulations scenery's. Enjoy and have a nice day!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:18:35 am by virtuali »

Hnla

Re: Cou atl is running but no buildings
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 04:20:21 am »
Banned for what? Calling the guy arrogant lol. Its people like you who stroke their egos so they think they are all that. I guess anyone who challenge these developers should get banned right? The  guy is arrogant. I've seen other posts from him trying to help others and you can tell in his reply that he thinks that his software is bug free and never the problem but its  always another software that might be causing the problem. Sorry but thats not wining customer service, thats arrogance.

If I'm telling him that nothing has changed on my system and explaining exactly what is happening and he is telling me it cant be his software he is basically calling me a liar. He should be looking at all the possibilities to see if the problem can be solved. I pay my hard earned money for these programs so to say that I should be banned because I dont agree with the way how he is proceeding just shows how gullible you are.

This guy needs to take some lessons from some of the other developers in the fsx community like real air and A2A who is willing to look at every angle before saying it cant be their software that is causing the problem.

LOL, you really need to learn about the real world, big tough guy. You don't just go to a forum or anywhere for that matter with such an aggressive and rude tone, and expect to get nice "fluffy" kind help.

You have forgotten one key aspect of your entire argument. This isn't your company. Virtuali makes all the rules here. You are just a little insignificant spec of dust in the mountain that is Virtuali's customer base. It's YOUR job to be nice and respectful, and take his advice. Do you write Flight Simulator software? Do you you create complex scenery and aircraft for FSX, P3D, and more? Nope, you don't, so sit your %$$ down.

Just remember, one click of a button, and your gone, no harm done. So think carefully before you post here again.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:21:55 am by Hnla »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 09:19:00 am »

I AM "looking at every angle" of the issue, which is why I indicated very clear Troubleshooting steps to take that, after so many message, you are still unwilling to undertake.

As I've said already, that test it's useful for two reasons:

1) To understand if the problem is caused by another running FSX addon

AND

2) To understand, if the problem is Couatl.exe not closing automatically (which as I've said in my previous message, but you haven't replied to this one, yet you found the time to defend your attitude, it should be easy to check with the Task Manager), IF the failure of closing it automatically could be traced to another FSX add-on that is running.

So, again, for the 5th time, DO WHAT I ASKED, and try to run bglmanx.dll and Couatl.exe with ALL the other 3rd party modules DISABLED, then report back.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 11:16:15 am »

I AM "looking at every angle" of the issue, which is why I indicated very clear Troubleshooting steps to take that, after so many message, you are still unwilling to undertake.

As I've said already, that test it's useful for two reasons:

1) To understand if the problem is caused by another running FSX addon

AND

2) To understand, if the problem is Couatl.exe not closing automatically (which as I've said in my previous message, but you haven't replied to this one, yet you found the time to defend your attitude, it should be easy to check with the Task Manager), IF the failure of closing it automatically could be traced to another FSX add-on that is running.

So, again, for the 5th time, DO WHAT I ASKED, and try to run bglmanx.dll and Couatl.exe with ALL the other 3rd party modules DISABLED, then report back.

You have the patience of a saint!  ;)