Author Topic: Cou atl is running but no buildings  (Read 12989 times)

BrandonLH81

Cou atl is running but no buildings
« on: February 26, 2015, 08:27:08 pm »
All shadows , When i opened up task manager i have confirmed cou atl is running which is also running in FSX on Windows 8.1 . I have tried re-starting couatl but it is already as stated so it ends up crashing to the desktop?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cou atl is running but no buildings
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:34:07 am »
Are you running FSX Steam Edition ? The "Restart Couatl" function doesn't work there, and this is a known issue.

First, be sure Couatl.exe is not still running from a previous session, so be sure is not there in the Task Manager and, eventually, end it from there.

Also, be sure you don't run FSX.EXE nto any of the "Compatibility" mode in Windows 8.1, because this won't work too.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 12:29:04 pm »
Are you running FSX Steam Edition ? The "Restart Couatl" function doesn't work there, and this is a known issue.

First, be sure Couatl.exe is not still running from a previous session, so be sure is not there in the Task Manager and, eventually, end it from there.

Also, be sure you don't run FSX.EXE nto any of the "Compatibility" mode in Windows 8.1, because this won't work too.

Yes i am running the Steam edition . Only running FSX.EXE as Admin only through the Steam engine.  Any possible fix in the future for this issue?

devgrp

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 01:26:54 am »
This coualt program is a big joke. Ever since yesterday I've been having errors. A do a flight and shut down fsx then later I start it back up and coualt throws an error. I download the addon manager and reinstall it and its fine. Then it does the same exact thing later on. What is it with this program? Its been running fine and then all of sudden it just starts acting up. Nothing has changed on my pc, nothing new installed but its just throwing errors. This program is so obtrusive its not even funny. It just takes the joy out of flying into or out of one of these airports

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 05:28:58 am »
This coualt program is a big joke. Ever since yesterday I've been having errors. A do a flight and shut down fsx then later I start it back up and coualt throws an error. I download the addon manager and reinstall it and its fine. Then it does the same exact thing later on. What is it with this program? Its been running fine and then all of sudden it just starts acting up. Nothing has changed on my pc, nothing new installed but its just throwing errors. This program is so obtrusive its not even funny. It just takes the joy out of flying into or out of one of these airports

And yet when you find out its something on your part that you've been doing wrong , and you get it fixed, you will come back with an apology and everything will be fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 06:23:39 pm »
This coualt program is a big joke. Ever since yesterday I've been having errors. A do a flight and shut down fsx then later I start it back up and coualt throws an error.

It would be helpful if you said WHICH errors you are referring to. Helping your solving a problem is not very easy.

devgrp

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 08:50:44 pm »

And yet when you find out its something on your part that you've been doing wrong , and you get it fixed, you will come back with an apology and everything will be fine.
Apology for what? Did you even read what I wrote. I have my system running perfectly. No new install of any scenery or airports. This just started happening at random. I did a flight close fsx, went out came back later to do another flight and as soon as I hit fly now and fsx starts loading I get the pop up box with coualt.exe has experience an error. Cant remember the exact word for word but it told me to reinstall addon manager. I did that restarted my computer and its fine. Did a flight then shut fsx down then later the same exact thing. Like I said its been working fine up until friday.

devgrp

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 02:34:40 am »
This coualt program is a big joke. Ever since yesterday I've been having errors. A do a flight and shut down fsx then later I start it back up and coualt throws an error.

It would be helpful if you said WHICH errors you are referring to. Helping your solving a problem is not very easy.
These are the errors I'm getting. No mind you I've downloaded and reinstalled the addon manager 4 times now and everytime the problem goes away it comes back when I restart fsx to do a new flight

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 09:48:51 am »
These are the errors I'm getting. No mind you I've downloaded and reinstalled the addon manager 4 times now and everytime the problem goes away it comes back when I restart fsx to do a new flight

The message in your screenshot doesn't say just that, it also says to check your error details in the Couatl.err file, giving you the path in your system.

What's the content of that file ?

devgrp

Re: Re: Cou atl is running but no buildings
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 02:11:21 pm »

The message in your screenshot doesn't say just that, it also says to check your error details in the Couatl.err file, giving you the path in your system.

What's the content of that file ?

Problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised. 
But you already knew that because after searching Google for that error that is the same message that everyone has been getting in the error log. And I've seen your posts saying it might be another program like ati tray tools or radeon pro causing it. Well I don't use any of those programs. Haven't installed anything new and this just started happening on Friday. I've also seen a few people post about the same thing in the vatsim group on facebook

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 03:21:27 pm »
Problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised. 

That's a message that has been discussed many times on our forum.

But you already knew that

Obviously not. The Couatl.err can contain many different errors so, the whole point of saying to check that file in the error message, is so you WILL check it, because what it might contains can be everything.

because after searching Google for that error that is the same message that everyone has been getting in the error log.

Obviously not. What you found on Google, it's only what Google decided to index, that doesn't mean "everyone" is getting the same message in the error log.

If, instead of searching Google, you searched HERE, you would have seen there are BOTH other messages that might appear in the Couatl.ERR log file (NOT just the "addonExecutable integrity compromised") AND there are several possible causes of the "addonExecutable integrity compromised" error message.

And I've seen your posts saying it might be another program like ati tray tools or radeon pro causing it. Well I don't use any of those programs

The cause IS ANOTHER PROGRAM. If with "I don't use any of those", you mean the Ati Tray Tools or Radeon Pro, that's not the whole list of programs that cause this issue.

This is the list of all known offenders so far:

- If you have the ATI Tray Tools utility installed, you must disable the "Automatic Overclock" feature.

- If you have the Radeon Pro utility installed, you must disable "API monitoring" or use the setting "disable API monitoring for programs not listed in my profiles list"

- The Lenovo One Key Theater and Power management software

- The Trillian instant messenger.

- The Mumble VOIP program.

- The krakensysaudiolauncher.exe from the Razer Kraken headset drivers.

- The ASUS Game First III Application

If you are sure you are not running any of the above programs, then you might simply using another software that is behaving in a similar (invasive) way as those listed above, that we never heard before. Try to close all your running processes, until you find the offending one.

I've also seen a few people post about the same thing in the vatsim group on facebook

That simply means they are using either a program from that list (all KNOWN causes) or are using a new UNKNOWN program, and it would be way more productive and useful to everybody that, instead of discussing on their own forums, they would report it HERE, so we could add an eventual new cause to our list.

devgrp

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 03:27:52 pm »
Did you actually ready what I wrote man? Dont copy and paste your reply from previous threads. I'm not running any of those programs and like I said I havent installed anything new and did anything to my system. Everything was working fine until friday evening. I've reinstalled the addon manager about 6 times now. If I restart the computer and and start fsx it works fine but if I try to do another flight without restarting the pc then I have the errors
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 03:35:53 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 03:47:55 pm »
Did you actually ready what I wrote man?

It's precisely because I did, that my reply was made in that way.

Don't copy and paste your reply from previous threads. I'm not running any of those programs and like I said

The complete list of KNOWN causes has been included here, for the obvious reason that, in your reply, you specifically mentioned only the  Ati tray tools and the Radeon pro, saying you don't use any of *these*

Since I cannot possibly be sure to WHAT thread you were referring to, and you have only indicated these two programs, I included the most updated list, considering it wasn't clear from your previous message, if you listed just the two Ati programs referring to an older post of mine, when those two were the only KNOWN causes of the issue at that time.

I haven't installed anything new and did anything to my system. Everything was working fine until friday evening

Since the Couatl program hasn't obviously changed in the weekend, it's quite clear that something you have installed has caused this.

I've reinstalled the addon manager about 6 times now.

Since the problem is NOT caused by the Addon Manager (it should have been obviously, after the 6th installation...), it cannot possibly be solved acting on any of its component, but on the other program that is causing this.

If I restart the computer and and start fsx it works fine but if I try to do another flight without restarting the pc then I have the errors

That's seems to be an useful indication, perhaps you found a NEW cause, and it's something that starts with FSX. As I've said, many times, in all these thread, my previous list is not exhaustive, it's ONLY the list of KNOWN causes, at the time the list was posted.

The obvious troubleshooting steps would then disabling all 3rd party modules, one by one, and see if you can run multiple sessions of FSX without restarting Windows. That would prove the cause is another FSX addon, which will make it very easy to find the offending one, by re-enabling the modules one by one.

Disabling every other module is accomplished very easily without having to uninstall anything, by setting the following line:

<Disabled>True></Disabled>

In all the modules sections of the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML and EXE.XML file too. Of course, everything must disabled EXCEPT the line relative to bglmanx.dll in the DLL.XML file, and the line relative to Couatl.exe in the EXE.XML.

If you do that, you can test the sim with no other programs running, without having to Uninstall anything, and of course it would be very easy to re-enable each module, by setting the lines to <Disabled>False</Disabled>
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 03:50:26 pm by virtuali »

devgrp

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 04:00:52 pm »
The only reason I listed the 2 programs was because I was replying from my phone and didnt want to type the whole list. I'm not new to this man. I have a background in computer programming so its not that hard for me to troubleshoot and fix some of these problems. You keep saying its not your software thats the problem and it may be some other addon. Well if it can be some other addon, then its possible it might be yours thats the problem too. After all no software is bug free. And like I've mentioned a few times before I have not changed or installed anything new. Only thing I have done is uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and the addon manager

While your software is pretty good its far from perfect or bug free. I've had numerous problems that I fix my but this is the most problematic one because I keep getting this pop up which is ruining my flights. Like the OP I've also had no buildings at LAX after just arriving and the bulidings were there, then starting up fsx again and then no bulidings
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:03:22 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 04:15:19 pm »
The only reason I listed the 2 programs was because I was replying from my phone and didnt want to type the whole list.

But I couldn't possibly known this, that's why it was wrong for you to comment with the "Did you actually ready what I wrote man? Dont copy and paste your reply from previous threads." sentence, when I took the time to search the most updated list for you, in case you might have not read it in the most updated form.

I'm not new to this man. I have a background in computer programming so its not that hard for me to troubleshoot and fix some of these problems.

Then, if you are sure you are not running any of the programs included in the the complete list I posted, do the other things I asked to do.

You keep saying its not your software thats the problem and it may be some other addon

Because that's a fact, which has been confirmed in all cases. How else do you think we were able to collect a list of other programs that cause this, if it wasn't ALWAYS caused by another program ?

Well if it can be some other addon, then its possible it might be yours thats the problem too.

Because that message is very specific, and indicates ANOTHER program has made an hook on each and every running executable in your system, INCLUDING Couatl.exe, a very questionable practice called "global hook". THAT specific message cannot be caused by anything else.

While your software is pretty good its far from perfect or bug free.

ALL the OTHER messages you might see in the Couatl.err "might" be labeled as "bugs", even if most of the time they are a result of a faulty 3rd party scenery that feeds bad data to our software, although I agree that we might be able to improve the behavior in case of bad data coming from 3rd party sceneries.

But we are not discussing about OTHER messages in the Couatl.ERR file, we are discussing of a very specific message, which is the "Problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised" so, that's NOT a "bug", it has a very specific meaning, and it can ONLY caused by ANOTHER program.

I've had numerous problems that I fix my but this is the most problematic one because I keep getting this pop up which is ruining my flights.

THIS message ( "Problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised. " ) is caused by another program.

Have you got OTHER error messages from Couatl ? If yes, after we fix this, and we'll PROVE to you it's caused by another program, you are welcome to report them as bugs, and we'll try to explain what's causing them. But that's for later.

THIS message IS caused by another program.

Like t OP I've also had no buildings at LAX after just arriving and the bulidings were there, then starting up fsx again and then no bulidings

You are now describing the effect, not the cause. If the Couatl.exe stops running because another program is trying to attach to it, the effect will be nothing from FSDT will work. That would be the *effect* of the issue, not the cause.

But to solve the issue, you must find the cause. And the CAUSE for THIS message can only be another running program.

Which is why, I've listed a very specific troubleshooting procedure for you to follow, which of course is derived from YOUR OWN report that, as of now, seems to be that:

- You are sure you are not using ANY of the programs listed in my previous list from this thread

- There's no message at the first FSX startup

- The "Problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised." error appears only after launching FSX a 2nd time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:17:57 pm by virtuali »