Author Topic: Something is wrong here.  (Read 5347 times)

Lloyd Boyette

Something is wrong here.
« on: February 24, 2015, 12:51:07 am »
I was looking for a general area, however, this was the last product that I installed before everything started going south.

I just re-installed my machine just two weeks ago and everything was working nearly perfectly. I had a fresh copy of Windows, Flight Simulator X, FSInn and many other add-ons and spent the weekend flying around some new add-ons I had just purchased with no errors what so ever. It was a good weekend of flying.

Over the weekend I had purchased FSDreamTeam's Ft. Lauderdale scenery and hadn't installed it until today. I had just finished a flight from Guam to Phoenix over night and everything was working, as I said, almost flawlessly.

After installing Ft. Lauderdale I started having Sim crash after sim crash. Almost always happening in the same place every time. Sometimes not even loading at all. After installing the Ft. Lauderdale scenery every time I load up FSInn and try to connect the sim just crashes. Microsoft Flight Simulator suffered a fatal error and will close now.

Here is what I know. I have un-installed and re-installed KFLL with no success. I re-installed COUTAL with no success. I have un-installed and re-installed FSInn with even worse results. Over the last hour and some that I have been pouring over forums and Bing I have found no cure for this.

Some of my last event viewer logs look like this.

Source : Application Error
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xffb70016
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12

Source : Security-SPP
License Activation Scheduler (sppuinotify.dll) was not able to automatically activate.  Error code:
0xC004C008

Acquisition of End User License failed. hr=0xC004C008
Sku Id=cfb3e52c-d707-4861-af51-11b27ee6169c

License acquisition failure details.
hr=0xC004C008

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting process id: 0x820
Faulting application start time: 0x01d04fb0af232f5b
Faulting application path: D:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: ed4e3dc2-bba5-11e4-9b86-00051ba3cca0

Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13
Report Id: %13

I am at a loss here. Any help would be great. I am coming to you guys with this since I have had an awesome weekend of flying with no problems... until I installed KFLL. Thanks for your time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Something is wrong here.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 09:59:21 am »
Nothing in your log shows the problem has anything to do with any of our products. All your crashes indicates issues with modules that are entirely unrelated to our own.

Lloyd Boyette

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 03:08:14 pm »
And of course I knew you would say that.... I am just looking for some help. It all started happening as soon as I installed FLL. Before that everything was fine and working well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 03:17:41 pm »
And of course I knew you would say that....

No, that's what your log shows. If your log displayed some errors from bglmanx.dll or couatl.exe, my reply would be very different, of course.

It all started happening as soon as I installed FLL. Before that everything was fine and working well.

To verify this, you can try to disable both our modules, one by one, by setting the <Disabled>True</Disabled) for bglmanx.dll (in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML file) and for Couatl.exe in the (in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML file).

This will allow you to test FSX as it is now, without the modules loaded, without having to uninstall anything. If you are still getting crashes, you would know for sure it doesn't have anything to do with any of our products.