Author Topic: GSX won't read the AFCAD  (Read 6563 times)

omera60

GSX won't read the AFCAD
« on: February 19, 2015, 02:50:42 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I just made the update to P3D V2.5 and I have a problem in Taxi2gate's LTBA. Even though P3D reads the AFCAD provided with the airport, GSX doesn't and when I select the menu by CTRL+F12, the default LTBA's Gates and parking positions come up. I had issue several times in different airports and what I did was reset the Couatl engine and that would solve it by regenerating the cache but when I use this method now, it doesn't work. I get the same result. Any thoughts?

Best,
Omer

omera60

Re: GSX won't read the AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 03:26:48 pm »
I also tried deleting these files but no help:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 04:26:14 pm »
First, you must be sure that's another scenery for the same airport is not taking precedence. And, it's possible that, if that AFCAD has errors, GSX will discard it. It will also discard it, if it's not self-contained, meaning it requires data from another (usually the default) AFCAD.

You might have better informations about the problem by enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu. Go to that airport, then exit from the sim. The Couatl.LOG file that will be generated might have some infos on why the AFCAD hasn't been used.

omera60

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:02:35 am »
First, you must be sure that's another scenery for the same airport is not taking precedence. And, it's possible that, if that AFCAD has errors, GSX will discard it. It will also discard it, if it's not self-contained, meaning it requires data from another (usually the default) AFCAD.

You might have better informations about the problem by enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu. Go to that airport, then exit from the sim. The Couatl.LOG file that will be generated might have some infos on why the AFCAD hasn't been used.

Will check, thanks, will let you know :)

omera60

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 10:19:22 am »
Hi Umberto,

The log is attached to this message. I checked and saw that GSX is using the default LTBA's AFCAD but then how can I see the addons parking positions on P3D menu while selecting the airport? Hope to hear from you soon...

Best,
Omer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 10:06:32 pm »
The log is attached to this message.

Do you have other scenery areas after the layer 159 ( KPHL_Sunskyjet ) ? If yes, have hand-edited the scenery.cfg ? If yes, it's possible you have a problem with the scenery.cfg, like a comment or so.

omera60

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 08:04:28 pm »
The log is attached to this message.

Do you have other scenery areas after the layer 159 ( KPHL_Sunskyjet ) ? If yes, have hand-edited the scenery.cfg ? If yes, it's possible you have a problem with the scenery.cfg, like a comment or so.

Hi Umberto,

Yes, I do, I have 168 as last in the scenery file. So, what should I do?

Best,
Omer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 10:00:54 am »

Be sure your scenery.cfg is clean, without any extra lines, such as comments, for example.

omera60

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 04:03:09 pm »

Be sure your scenery.cfg is clean, without any extra lines, such as comments, for example.

Just checked it, nothing...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 09:41:01 pm »

Either you haven't checked well enough, or you are looking at the wrong file. Post the C:/ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/scenery.cfg here and I'll check it.

omera60

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 11:37:18 am »

Either you haven't checked well enough, or you are looking at the wrong file. Post the C:/ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/scenery.cfg here and I'll check it.

Sorry,I was away from the sim, just came back, you can check it, it's attached to this message...

Best,
Omer

omera60

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 01:05:06 pm »
Hi Umberto,

We're you able to check the scenery.cfg that I attached to my previous message?

Best,
Omer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 09:31:28 pm »
I can't see anything wrong with it. Are you SURE you sent the current version you are using ?  Please send me another Couatl.LOG and the scenery.cfg referenced in the couatl.log file that starts with "Looking for scenery.cfg in"