Author Topic: The Couatl Scripting Engine issue  (Read 4489 times)

clintferns

The Couatl Scripting Engine issue
« on: February 18, 2015, 05:57:51 pm »
Hi Team,

Sorry if this is the wrong sub forum.

Off recent i have started to face an issue.Whenever i load up fsx, i get an error that states The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted.It also provided a path to where the error can be found.If i click close this will keep reappearing every few secs.I have installed the latest addon manager from the site and also currently only running fsx.I have attached the error message.Any ideas ?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:00:00 pm by clintferns »
Clinton  Royston Fernandes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The Couatl Scripting Engine issue
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 11:08:56 am »
It also provided a path to where the error can be found.

You should have posted the error details, that's why the error message gives you a path where the error log can be found, so that you can use it to report errors.

Post the content of your %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR file.

clintferns

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 12:31:10 pm »
It also provided a path to where the error can be found.

You should have posted the error details, that's why the error message gives you a path where the error log can be found, so that you can use it to report errors.

Post the content of your %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR file.

Sure, below are the details.Furthermore i have so far uninstalled and reinstalled GSX, installed the addon manager separately(both latest installers from the site) Reinstalled FSX.Disabled my anti virus while installing and downloading.(Avast) Also kept it disabled while running fsx.Rebuilt the FSX .CFG. Checked that i have listed the software as trusted.

Anything that i might have missed ?

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Sun Feb 15 18:08:32 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:28:04 pm by virtuali »
Clinton  Royston Fernandes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 04:29:31 pm »

This message has been discussed many times on the forum, and it's caused by ANOTHER executable that is trying to attach to every running executable in your system. These are the known causes of that error message:

- If you have the ATI Tray Tools utility installed, you must disable the "Automatic Overclock" feature.

- If you have the Radeon Pro utility installed, you must disable "API monitoring" or use the setting "disable API monitoring for programs not listed in my profiles list"

- The Lenovo One Key Theater and Power management software

- The Trillian instant messenger.

- The Mumble VOIP program.

- The krakensysaudiolauncher.exe from the Razer Kraken headset drivers.

- The ASUS Game First III Application

If you are sure you are not running any of the above programs, then you might simply using another software that is behaving in a similar (invasive) way as those listed above, that we never heard before. Try to close all your running processes, until you find the offending one.