Author Topic: Customize Airplanes ¡¡¡¡  (Read 5576 times)

Rolando

Customize Airplanes ¡¡¡¡
« on: February 15, 2015, 06:22:25 am »
When I use GSX for Boeing 737-800, the service vehicles attend in the right side of the airplane, and stairs in the left side, and if there´s a jetway, one can easily disable the stairs or not, it depends on the parking place and everything seems to works almost right. Sometimes, the passenger bus passes through buildings or airplanes or other airport vehicles, which looks funny and unreal, so, is this normal ?, or do I have to fix it somewhere ?. Second, if I use the Bombardier CRJ-700, the service vehicles attend as if I were using the Boeing 737-800, by the right side of the airplane, but Bombardier has two cargo doors in the left side, so, when I customize the airplane in the customize window and put two loaders in each door, the baggage trains are a mess triying to find the door and making strange turns passing through each other and sometimes passing through the passenger bus, uffffff. Maybe I´m doing the customize wrong, but, does exist a customize window for every kind of airplane ? or is the same window for all airplanes and I have to customize each airplane, every time I fly and change airplane ? and why all GSX vehicles passes through existing objects as if they were ghosts ?. What can I do ?. Finally, The baggage cargo men, are so boring, waiting in the same position all the time, Is there a way to make them move a little ?. Sorry for my ignorance. Thank you   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customize Airplanes ¡¡¡¡
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 11:47:26 am »
Sometimes, the passenger bus passes through buildings or airplanes or other airport vehicles, which looks funny and unreal, so, is this normal ?

As discussed many times on the forum, GSX vehicles don't have any awareness of other traffic, being airplanes or other ground vehicles. Adding this would create more problems that it would solve, because it would introduce lots of issues with traffic deadlocks, especially when vehicles couldn't use dedicated vehicles paths, usually because the scenery developer forgot to add them in the AFCAD.

To minimize the chance for conflicts with AI airplanes, the GSX vehicles try to use dedicated vehicle paths, but they are not there in the scenery, because the scenery developer didn't add them in the AFCAD, they must take taxiways, so it will increase the chance of conflicts with other AI.

To minimize the chance with conflict with default ground vehicles, the easiest option (which is also good for the fps), is to turn off the default ground vehicles, using the airport vehicles slider in the FSX settings.

To minimize the chance of conflict with STATIC scenery objects, like fixed ground vehicles/cars, etc. you should use the "Customize this parking position" option in GSX, and change the starting position of the GSX vehicles, to prevent them clashing into a static scenery object when they approach the airplane.

Second, if I use the Bombardier CRJ-700, the service vehicles attend as if I were using the Boeing 737-800, by the right side of the airplane, but Bombardier has two cargo doors in the left side

I'm not sure what you are referring to with "service vehicles". A service vehicle is, by definition, the catering van which attends to the service doors, and these are on the right side.

so, when I customize the airplane in the customize window and put two loaders in each door, the baggage trains are a mess triying to find the door and making strange turns passing through each other and sometimes passing through the passenger bus, uffffff.

Now it seems you were referring to the baggage loaders instead.

The configuration included with GSX for the default CRJ-700 has been made before GSX supported loading cargo from the left side, so it's still like that, but of course you can change it fairly easy using the aircraft configuration page.

Just change the settings for the two *CARGO* doors to be a door # 2 instead of "no door at this position", and move the door in the correct place, and be sure the green arrow is pointing to the OUTSIDE of the airplane. Also, set the ULD code as "BELT", to get the belt loader.

I tried it now, and it works without any special problems.

Maybe I´m doing the customize wrong, but, does exist a customize window for every kind of airplane ?

Yes, of course. Each airplane has its own configuration file, which will be created in your %APPDATA%\GSX\Airplanes folder the first time you edit it.

or is the same window for all airplanes and I have to customize each airplane, every time I fly and change airplane ?

Obviously not, that would be very unusable. You ONLY have to customize an airplane if:

1) You are trying to use an unsupported airplane, or you don't like the default configuration we made for a supported one.

AND

2) You will need to customize it only the FIRST time you use it.

and why all GSX vehicles passes through existing objects as if they were ghosts ?.

They don't, usually. See the above explanation of all the different cases.

Finally, The baggage cargo men, are so boring, waiting in the same position all the time, Is there a way to make them move a little ?

They obviously move a little, you just haven't noticed it.