Author Topic: Texture problems with KJFK (and others too)  (Read 13137 times)

django

Texture problems with KJFK (and others too)
« on: October 14, 2008, 12:07:37 pm »
Hello

I have bought KJFK KORD and LSZH for FS9/FSX and got some weird issues with all of them (i made screens with only KJFK so i am posting it here if you dont mind).

At first i tried to install all three scenerys, next deinstalled all three and tried to install one at the time but still got the same issue (i let the pictures speak for themselve).

With KJFK i get no error message and after loading FSX i answer the question for running the files with yes.

Original size:

Also strange that the menue bar disapears (a few seconds after loading the scenery), also tried the standalone Addonmanager without luck.
Any other Airport scenery i installed works fine. It would be nice if you had some advice for me.

My System:
E8600
Radeon X1950 pro (CCC 8-5)
WinXP Home SP3
FSX SP2
FS9.1
KJFK, KORD, LSZH from FSDT downloaded yesterday (i guess that are the newest versions)

with kind regards
Thorsten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Texture problems with KJFK (and others too)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 01:13:08 pm »
I have bought KJFK KORD and LSZH for FS9/FSX and got some weird issues with all of them (i made screens with only KJFK so i am posting it here if you dont mind).

I'm sorry but, if the screenshots are exactly what you are seeing, it's nothing related with the sceneries.

As far I can see, you don't even have the FSX menu text, which is a problem that is very well known to be caused by a bugged video drivers or a wrong video settings (perhaps using some of the tweakers there are around) or both.

The sceneries might be simply exposing an already-existing video driver bug, simply becasue they take more vram than the default, and perhaps the video driver bug doesn't manifest itself when less vram is in use.

django

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 04:09:13 pm »
Hello

Thanks for your advice. I installed all the latest drivers but still the same problem. After a reinstallation of FSX (its good that i have not nearly the ammount of addons here than for FS9) i was still stuck.
After carefully working through anything i installed the last days i got to the 3BG switch (the line added for the boot menue) and found the problem. After deleting the line and restarting all was back to normal and ready for a nice flight KJFK to LSZH in the brandnew MD11.
Thanks for your wonderfull scenerys and enjoy your day.

with kind regards
Thorsten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:49:05 pm »
After carefully working through anything i installed the last days i got to the 3BG switch (the line added for the boot menue) and found the problem.

Yes, the value for the UserVA should be set in relationship with how much VRAM you have, the more VRAM, the less the value so, for example, 3072 with a 512 MB card wouldn't probably work.

DVA4754

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 12:07:46 am »
I am having the exact same problem with textures and menu bar but I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

JamesChams

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 12:23:06 am »
Gents,

I've discovered that this is an NVidia Driver issue along with Vista's recent/new updates.   You'll have to update Vista and your Nvidia Drivers to resolve this.

VISTA: USE -> Control Panel\Windows Update
NVidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Good Luck!
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

DVA4754

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 12:28:41 am »
Not sure if that will work. I run an ATI 2400 PRO.

Thanks

JamesChams

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 12:36:18 am »
Not sure if that will work. I run an ATI 2400 PRO.

Thanks

In that case, you'll need to do the VISTA/XP OS updates and AMD's ATI Drivers for your FS to work properly again.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:52:42 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

DVA4754

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 04:52:33 am »
I downloaded the driver from AMD and that didn't work, the textures are still blurry and the menu bar is missing. How do I find the OS Updates? Also what is the 3BG switch? Could that be the problem?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:02:10 am by DVA4754 »

airplanelova93

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 12:58:08 pm »
Maybe his hard drive isnt defragged.  Sometimes when I dont frag, it takes a while for my textures to become clear, so maybe he has a severe case of it...

smasma

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 03:55:21 pm »
I was tinkering with the video card settings and this happened to me. All I did was just reset all the settings to default and it was fine.

JamesChams

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 08:00:06 pm »
I downloaded the driver from AMD and that didn't work, the textures are still blurry and the menu bar is missing. How do I find the OS Updates? Also what is the 3BG switch? Could that be the problem?

Thanks

Mr. DVA4754,

1. Operating System (OS) [ie. Windows] Updates: Control Panel\Windows Update
2. The 3GB switch has to do with FS9 limits and Windows 32-bit limits when it comes to >2GB of RAM; are you using either of those?
3. Reset all you FS Display settings to Default and shutdown FS.
4. Restart FS and see if you are still having this issue.

Good Luck!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 08:03:58 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

DVA4754

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 10:54:50 pm »
It still is blurry. Could simply getting a better video card fix it? I currently have an ATI 2400 PRO 256MB.

Thanks

JamesChams

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 11:48:57 pm »
Yeah; that would help!

But, before you go do that, could you post your FSX display settings? ??? That would help me help you better. 
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

DVA4754

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 03:12:13 am »
I run FSX SP2 at 1440x900x32 with AA. I also have a lot of brown lines and squares that show up everywhere when I am around JFK.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:21:14 am by DVA4754 »