Author Topic: Blue Runway Textures at Night  (Read 2878 times)

vertigho

Blue Runway Textures at Night
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:21:58 pm »
Hey all, I've been using KLAX (with DX10) for roughly 6 weeks now without issue. As recently as 10 days ago I flew out of KLAX during the late evening hours and had no problems.

Last night, however, during a late-night departure I noticed that the runway appeared to have a strong blue-tint to it as my landing lights illuminated the surface of the runway. This was the first time I noticed that problem. I've run the DX10 fixer and it has implemented all the various effect changes. I tried removing KLAX and reinstalling it, and I also tried removing the DX10 fixer effects and re-implementing them. No success.

The only thing that has changed between now and 10 days ago is that I've added BluePrint's KMSP scenery.

Perhaps something else to note: upon flying into KLAS 10 days ago, I noticed a redish-orange tint to the runway as my landing lights lit the runway. Similar to at KLAX, there we no issues with the taxiways. This was similar to what I saw at KLAX yesterday (save for the different color). During my flight last night when I noticed the blue runway textures (at KLAX), upon arriving in KLAS from KLAX, I didn't notice the red/orange textures. Perhaps an effect/texture library has changed, removing one issue at KLAS and causing another at KLAX?

Below are a couple of photos of the issue. Any/all help is much appreciated! Thanks.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/attachment.php?attachmentid=176270&d=1423641544

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/attachment.php?attachmentid=176271&d=1423641558
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:15:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Blue Runway Textures at Night
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:16:44 pm »
Nothing in your screenshot has anything to do with the scenery. There are no blu textures anywhere in the scenery, what is causing this is your airplane lights that are casting that light.

Don't have any idea if the light is coming from an airplane light, or an effect file, but it's surely nothing related to the scenery.