Author Topic: FSDreamTeam Honolulu Crash  (Read 10855 times)

James8133

FSDreamTeam Honolulu Crash
« on: February 09, 2015, 05:27:28 pm »
I was arriving into Honolulu Int'l yesterday and right as I was approaching the airport, FSX crashed. I had spent over 7 hours of flying. When I tried to find what caused FSX to crash. As I looked to see what was causing FSX to crash, these are what I got: Window Application Error-1001
Event Name: BEX
Fault Offset DXC62476F4
Faulting Process ID OXFA8
Does anyone know how to fix these problems?
 Sincerely,
 James8133
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:58:01 pm by James8133 »
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDreamTeam Honolulu Crash
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 09:48:37 pm »
BEX errors doesn't have anything to do with the scenery.

If you google for FSX Bex error, you'll find thousands of reports from every scenery. It's just a generic error message, probably related to memory exhaustion, because you flew for a long time (most likely in a memory-hungry airplane) so, by the time you arrived, your memory was likely filled up.

Most users flying long routes, will save the flight about 20 NM out the destination, so in case of a crash, you can restart from there and, I believe there are utilities to auto-save a flight every xx minutes.

As discussed many times in all threads about saving memory, you can use the any (or a combination of ) all the following methods:

- Use a less memory-hungry airplane

- Lower your settings, especially the ones related to terrain range

- Don't use HD textures

- Use DX10

James8133

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 11:30:25 pm »
What do you mean by "using a less hungry plane"? I was flying the PMDG 737 Alaska Airlines
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 12:30:48 pm »
What do you mean by "using a less hungry plane"? I was flying the PMDG 737 Alaska Airlines

That's very well known to be a memory-hungry airplane, yes.

James8133

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 11:24:57 pm »
If I lowered my settings, wouldn't the whole scenery not look good at all?
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 10:28:19 am »
If I lowered my settings, wouldn't the whole scenery not look good at all?

The settings are there for the precise reason that, if you use memory-hungry airplanes that eats up most of your memory, you can CHOOSE between the scenery quality, and the crashes.

As explained, many times already, FSX (being a 32 bit app) will NEVER, EVER use more than 4GB AT MOST (it cannot really use even 4GB entirely) and this is not a limit that can be ignored.

The SUM of your settings, your installed add-ons, your AI traffic, everything you see and everything you have in FSX, CANNOT exceed this amount, or you WILL get crashes and OOM messages, so you MUST compromise on something.

That's why I offered you many solutions:

- Use a less memory-hungry airplane

- Lower your settings, especially the ones related to terrain range

- Don't use HD textures

- Use DX10

James8133

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 07:40:34 pm »
How do I lower the settings in the FSDreamTeam Honolulu?
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 09:35:51 pm »
How do I lower the settings in the FSDreamTeam Honolulu?

Again, the problem doesn't have anything to do with Honolulu, you must lower your settings in FSX, as one of several proposed options.

VBV109

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 07:15:39 pm »
I have another problem. Today I bought FSDT PHNL. Did install it, after closing FSX (with WORKING GSX). Restarted FSX after install, clicked OK and YES, registered my PHNL (registration-code). Everything worked fine, for 1 or 2 minutes. Then my terminal-buildings disappeared. Closed FSX and restarted my pc. Then I wanted to start FSX, but did not work anymore. I see the FSX-starting-screen (the one you see, when you click FSX to start). But then... Back to desktop, without error / warning. Tried everything. Shut down my Antivirus, removed .dll and .dat, removed GSX AND PHNL. Then removed all the other FSDT-related software. Restarted PC, reinstalled GSX. Same. Installed the newest GSX. Same. Installed updates on vehicles.

HELP!!! When I have removed everything again from FSDT, FSX starts normal. This is, why we get some strange feelings in our stomach.  ???

Now I spent about € 90,- in total, but your beautiful stuff is not working anymore.  :'( I tried everything from other posts too. Please, help me out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 08:36:47 pm »
I see the FSX-starting-screen (the one you see, when you click FSX to start). But then... Back to desktop, without error / warning.

This specific issue has been discussed many times on the forum, and there's a sticky thread about it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

The one and only solution is the one posted here. I'm awaiting for your private message, so I can show you what really caused it.

VBV109

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 05:14:15 pm »
It seems, I have solved the problem. Will try to reinstall PHNL now and I let you know. Thanx.

VBV109

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 06:02:41 pm »
As far as I could see, is everything working fine. The problem was NOT FSDT (which I first believed, SORRY!  8) ), but the TRIAL-version of KSFO of FlightBeam. After deinstallation of KSFO, FSX did not startup again. I deleted bglmanx-fsbeam.dat (or something like that) and FSX started again. So, Next time I'll try that too, before I'll post again.

Sorry for the inconvenience and... I LOVE your products. If only the dollar would drop again (LOL!!!), I really would like to buy Hawaiian Airports 1 and 2 too.

Kind regards,

VBV109. ;D 8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 10:27:19 am »
As far as I could see, is everything working fine. The problem was NOT FSDT (which I first believed, SORRY!  8) ), but the TRIAL-version of KSFO of FlightBeam. After deinstallation of KSFO, FSX did not startup again. I deleted bglmanx-fsbeam.dat (or something like that) and FSX started again. So, Next time I'll try that too, before I'll post again.

It's very strange the KSFO trial would cause this, because we make the installers for Flightbeam, and they also download the SAME files from OUR OWN servers. Meaning, regardless if you used an installer from FSDT or Flightbeam, the bglmanx_fbeam.dat file you would end up with was exactly the same, since it's downloaded from our server.

This, unless you used a very old KSFO installer, which didn't download from our current server, but that means it was something really old. Always use the very latest version of every installer, especially since they are always available as Trial so, no use keeping old versions in your system.

VBV109

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 02:13:40 pm »
Thank you for the tip.