Author Topic: P3D V2.0 Photorealistic runway not showing at DFW and ORD **SOLVED**  (Read 18084 times)

thetford569

Re: P3D V2.0 Photorealistic runway not showing at DFW and ORD
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 01:59:53 am »
It's been awhile since I have visited this thread but since I started it I will chime in.  I think the confusion comes from this screenshot that is on the fsdreamteam site....it clearly shows runway colors and texturing that matches the taxiways and ramps.  I do remember at one point the airport looked like this in FSX but it has never looked like this in P3D.  Maybe there was an update that changed this or broke it I am not sure.  I have gotten past it because right now I have bigger problems like not being able to complete a flight into any detailed airports in P3D without an Out of Memory error.  It always crashes on final approach.  I'm about to start fresh with 2.5 and very slowly put in my add ons to find out what is causing my problem.  I have a pretty good system by today's standards and if I can't get this licked I'm about done with flight simming because it's becoming a waste of my time not being able to complete a flight.

A photorealistic runway texture would be nice but it's no longer my biggest problem...

Brandon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D V2.0 Photorealistic runway not showing at DFW and ORD **SOLVED**
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 01:39:29 pm »
Download and install either the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, or reinstall the scenery. In both cases, be sure you reply YES to the question to update the scenery AFCAD.

The problem wasn't the scenery or a missing texture, but a difference (bug ?) in rendering priorities between the scenery objects and the AFCAD that has been introduced in one of the latest 2.x P3D patches (FSX is fine), so we updated the AFCAD accordingly to bypass the problem.

blueridgeflyer

Re: P3D V2.0 Photorealistic runway not showing at DFW and ORD **SOLVED**
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 03:23:55 pm »

Download and install either the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, or reinstall the scenery. In both cases, be sure you reply YES to the question to update the scenery AFCAD.

The problem wasn't the scenery or a missing texture, but a difference (bug ?) in rendering priorities between the scenery objects and the AFCAD that has been introduced in one of the latest 2.x P3D patches (FSX is fine), so we updated the AFCAD accordingly to bypass the problem.

Wow what a birthday surprise for me😀. Thank you Umberto and FSDT for getting this airport looking nice in P3D!
Ryan Kelly

Desktop
Windows 7 64 | ASUS P6T Deluxe Utilizing Onboard Sound | Core i7 920 @ 4.05GHz | Zalman CNPS10X 120mm Heatsink | 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 | ASUS GTX 280 1GB | TrackIR v4 | MS FFB2 Joystick | Samsung 26" LCD native 1920 X 1200 | Thermaltake ArmorPlus ATX Full Tower | Cor