Author Topic: Blue Angel odd takeoff sequence  (Read 2344 times)

Azframer

Blue Angel odd takeoff sequence
« on: January 30, 2015, 10:39:38 am »
I had never seen this done before and thought it was interesting, normally seeing #4 slip into slot position on takeoff did not happen. Ramp construction was being done and due to proximity of runway and crowd #4 has a delayed takeoff and plays catch up. I thought it was some awesome flying to catch up with the rest and match speed the way he did thought I would share it in case you have not seen it yet.

Edit you will have to rewind it to about 23 minutes.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:47:18 am by Azframer »

PhantomTweak

Re: Blue Angel odd takeoff sequence
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 09:29:44 pm »
I couldn't help myself, I watched the whole thing, end to end. AND loved every flyin' second of it!! I have loved the Angels since I saw them in '68 or so at Moffet Field.
I was lucky in only ONE thing when I was in the Corps and I got stationed at MCAS Yuma, AZ (which I hated with a passion, for 30 years I hated it...): We were within spitting distance of El-Centro, and in the winter, when the Angels are there, I would ride my bike over to the field and sit and watch them practice on every chance I got. Even picked up a scanner so I could monitor the ATC freq's, if not their Squadron freqs. Made it even better.

Thank you for the video, I sure appreciate you posting it  :) :)

Pat☺

Azframer

Re: Blue Angel odd takeoff sequence
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 01:40:20 am »
You watched them a year before I started watching them. My first show was in 1969 the first year of the F-4 Phantom. I was born and raised in Pensacola home of the Blues, I seen them twice a year plus practice shows. When they came home and wind was out of the south final was above my neighborhood and always got a show. I am still amazed at their shows to this day.