Author Topic: GSX causing delay when loading new aircraft  (Read 2396 times)

Charles246

GSX causing delay when loading new aircraft
« on: January 25, 2015, 11:24:41 pm »
I have recently purchased GSX and while I am very happy and impressed with it, I would like to know whether the new 15 sec delay in loading new aircraft is normal.

It now takes me approximately 19 to 20 seconds to change aircrafts where it used to take me between three and five seconds to get to the loading screen. I was going to blame this delay on one of the payware aircrafts that I had. So I removed everything except the default Cessna 172 from the simobjects/aircraft folder.  The long delay remained. Then, when I experimentally re-named the Misc folder(So it would be ignored) with the new FSDT objects in simobjects/misc; there was no delay and obviously no GSX either.

A 15 seconds added delay is a small price to pay for this feature but I was wondering if there is a possible workaround to this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX causing delay when loading new aircraft
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:57:48 pm »
Then, when I experimentally re-named the Misc folder(So it would be ignored) with the new FSDT objects in simobjects/misc; there was no delay and obviously no GSX either.

It's normal there would be "some" delay, because GSX adds many hundreds of objects to the Simobjects\Misc folder, but it's not normal it would take so much time. I tried it just now on my system, and it takes 6 seconds with the Misc folder enabled, and 4 seconds with the Misc folder renamed. I'm using an SSD, if you aren't, it's expected you'll see a difference, but the relative timings shouldn't be very different.

Perhaps you have other folders, like a specific folder for an AI Traffic package that, put together with the Misc folder, bring the TOTAL number of objects in the Simobject folder, to an number where it takes too much time for FSX to scan for it. In that case, I guess you'll simply have to live with it.

Charles246

Re: GSX causing delay when loading new aircraft
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 12:19:23 am »
As a matter of fact, I do have FSX in root of an SSD drive. System: Alienware, 12 GB RAM, Intel 980x processor and gtx 780 GPU.

"Hundreds of objects" in the Misc folder? I must be missing something! I only have 42 objects in there with a prefix of FSDT.  And those caused the delay of about 10 - 15 seconds. Should I have even more objects in there?
As I said earlier, I would not mind the delay if this is normal with GSX installed.

Your fast response is indeed very impressive though!