Author Topic: KIAH, objects and airport pieces in the air.  (Read 17087 times)

alexzar14

KIAH, objects and airport pieces in the air.
« on: January 23, 2015, 04:57:01 pm »
Good afternoon, is this a known issue?
These pieces appear scattered around at about 500-1500 ft altitude when you load the scenery. They go away within few seconds but this doesn't sound (look) normal still.
I assume there is a quick fix to this, please advise.
(note, this has nothing to do with hardware, video drivers or FSX settings, all other FSDT sceneries function normally).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH, objects and airport pieces in the air.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 05:08:50 pm »
These pieces appear scattered around at about 500-1500 ft altitude when you load the scenery. They go away within few seconds but this doesn't sound (look) normal still.

Yes, it's normal, there's nothing to fix.

It shouldn't take few seconds to adjust the scenery, it's usually so fast that you shouldn't notice it, but if your system is a bit too overloaded, it's possible the execution is a bit delayed.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:12:27 pm by virtuali »

alexzar14

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 05:12:02 pm »
Got it. Alright that's ok.

RAY VLASEK

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 06:23:15 pm »
Is this what is being referred to (attached)..  these stay in air for longer than few seconds on approach...are my settings off, just did a reinstall of airport...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 10:23:35 am »
Is this what is being referred to (attached)..  these stay in air for longer than few seconds on approach...are my settings off, just did a reinstall of airport...

As I've said in my previous message, it shouldn't take few seconds to adjust the scenery, it's usually so fast that you shouldn't notice it, but if your system is a bit too overloaded, it's possible the execution is a bit delayed.

Instead of a generic "system overload" issue, it's also possible another addon is sending so many commands to Simconnect, in a brief time, that it doesn't give enough spare cycles for other addons like GSX to communicate with FSX so, an operation that under normal conditions is not even visible, is taking longer because the communication channel with FSX has been clogged by other add-ons.

thetford569

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:13:20 pm »
Hmmm....I just purchased KIAH and I had this same issue on approach, landing, and when it was taxiing in.  First time for me to use the airport after a quick flight from DFW.  Only addon I had using sim connect was Active Sky Next.  I see your explanation above in that it should only take a few seconds to go away.  This took till I had taxied all across the airport to my parking spot.  This doesn't happen at any of the other multiple FSDT airports I have so is this feature specific to KIAH?  I would think if it's normal behavior it would be seen at other airports as well?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 09:36:23 am »
I see your explanation above in that it should only take a few seconds to go away.

Even less than that, on a normally (not taxed) working system. I cannot even see it here, for example.

This doesn't happen at any of the other multiple FSDT airports I have so is this feature specific to KIAH?  I would think if it's normal behavior it would be seen at other airports as well?

It's normal behavior for KIAH only, so it's normal you don't see it at other FSDT airports. It's not normal that it will take so much time that is become noticeable. See my previous reply for possible reasons.

RAY VLASEK

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 05:30:46 pm »
I was using Active Sky Next for weather and getting multiple objects in the sky and sim to crash on landing at KIAH FSDT.. On a hunch after reading info on this post,  I changed weather depiction to OPUS and eliminated the sky objects issue at KIAH and much better performance with no sim crash even with the taxing aircraft as the IFLY 747 v2.   I think ASN uses sim connect to feed data to the sim causing overloads to sim and crash.  Hope this helps someone remedy issue...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 07:03:08 pm »
I changed weather depiction to OPUS and eliminated the sky objects issue at KIAH and much better performance with no sim crash even with the taxing aircraft as the IFLY 747 v2.   I think ASN uses sim connect to feed data to the sim causing overloads to sim and crash. 

It's very likely Opus use Simconnect too, but it might use it more sparingly.

asegm08

• Follow my aviation blog!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 04:11:01 pm »
Is there a way I can increase the Load distance so it doesnt happen as I am landing? its a very annoying thing to see once you land.
http://www.youtube.com/c/AlcidesSegovia

http://instagram.com/dominican.pilot

Alcides Segovia
Lancaster,PA USA
PPL, IFR Rating Student

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 02:30:38 am »
Is there a way I can increase the Load distance so it doesnt happen as I am landing? its a very annoying thing to see once you land.

It shouldn't happen as you landing, it's supposed to be happening when the airport is loaded, which is about 10-12 NM out.

If it's happening closer to the runway, it's only because another addon is delaying the Simconnect communication ( at least, this seems to be the most likely cause ) and, as seems to be confirmed by a previous poster, it only happens with ASN and not, for example, with Opus, which does a similar kind of service.

In any case, no, you can't control the overall loading distance, which is of course set to the best possible ( best = lowest possible ) value, in order not to waste precious VAS memory, in case there are other airports nearby, so you can be sure that no FSDT objects are loaded when you are outside the scenery range, which is not something you can be sure of, with other sceneries.

We'll try to think about other possible solutions that won't involve raising the scenery loading range.

shea3412sc

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 04:35:33 am »
Sooo, basically you're saying no other add-ons should be used except for FSDT's products for this program to work correctly  :o...  So it's not fsdt's fault but everyone else's. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 10:14:01 am »
Sooo, basically you're saying no other add-ons should be used except for FSDT's products for this program to work correctly  :o...  So it's not fsdt's fault but everyone else's.  

I never said that. How you could possibly understand this from my reply, when I clearly said the opposite, especially when the user said:

I changed weather depiction to OPUS and eliminated the sky objects issue at KIAH and much better performance with no sim crash

And I replied with:

It's very likely Opus use Simconnect too, but it might use it more sparingly.

So no, I haven't said it's "everyone else's" fault. It's clearly a problem caused by a specific addon, which is FIXED by using a similar addon which, apparently, behaves better than the other one.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:17:06 am by virtuali »

keino333

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 05:05:00 pm »
Good day Umberto,
A bit confused as to what the root cause for the erratic behavior a good deal of us are experiencing here at KIAH.  I have all of your scenery and have been a huge fan since Fs9, thru FSX and now onto P3dv2.5 and now P3dv3.2.  Unfortunately, this is the first time having experienced this with your scenery.  I do recall having a similar issue with Aersoft's CDG since which it has been ejected from my library.  You've intimated that this might be due to overly stressed CPUs but you may have inadvertently not succeeded to elaborated as to what of the area and/or scenery tiggers this event.

Case: With your KORD and FT KMDW, orbx FTX Global, and Meiggs field active I see no replication of this (nor do I see this at your KJFK which is even more boggling).  And in that example i would readily contest that my cpu works much, much harder.  
Perhaps we can continue to investigate this matter as I do thoroughly enjoy flying here but I to hate looking at autogen and airport buildings dancing vertical as you approach.  Shucks, unfortunately I can only capture great screenshots on departure...

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b469/usa1368Jacobs/1-pva%20aircraft%20reg-library/FS_SCREENSHOT_053_zpsudfycdis.png

Thanks for your help in advance

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:20:32 pm by keino333 »