Author Topic: FSDreamTeam releases Ground Radar Mode for the default F/A-18  (Read 21979 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
FSDreamTeam is pleased to announce the release of a little utility that will enable a Ground Radar Mode in the default F/A-18 included with FSX Acceleration Pack, FSX Gold and FSX:Steam Edition. The software is also compatible with Prepar3D, but you'll have to install the F/A-18 from FSX first.

The utility is very easy to use, and it requires just a single key press, which by default is mapped to TAB+G, but you can change it easily to any other keypress, using the Couatl Key Mapping menu, like in GSX.

The Ground Radar mode will work with the default F/A-18, or any other 3rd party add-on (freeware or payware) that calls the default F-18 Gauge.

The product costs 4.95 USD, which is the lowest price we are allowed to set on Esellerate. There's no Trial version, but the installation and activation is the same as any other FSDT produtct.

More informations on this page:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_f18ag.html

The installer can be downloaded here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/f18ag

Johan

Re: FSDreamTeam releases Ground Radar Mode for the default F/A-18
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 08:03:09 pm »
Great news.

The product description says:

"The Ground radar mode can be used to "target"AI vehicles and airplanes on ground that don't move. This is the opposite of the default Air-to-Air mode, which only targets flying objects that move"

Will the gauge also see AI ships (AC Carriers and such)?

Thank you,

Johan

PhantomTweak

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 08:08:36 pm »
Great! Now we can make the famous "F-18 approach" to airports, like Midway, that have no other form of approach systems! No ILS, no localizer, GPS too inaccurate? No problem! Light up the Ground Mapping radar system, and down ya go, no matter the weather or time of day!
Great for navigation too, at night and in bad weather!
I am definately looking into this one! Thanks for getting it out there. Although I'm so, ummm, FRUGAL that I don't know if I can buy it or not. I'll have to ask my lovely wife...

Pat☺

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:05:20 pm »
Will the gauge also see AI ships (AC Carriers and such)?

I think so, it targets all AI vehicles of any type ( airplane, ground, boat, etc. ) provided they move slow enough. Less than Mach 0.1, so this should be ok for any slow moving ground vehicles.

Orion

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 09:26:18 pm »
That's a pleasant surprise.  Nice to see a new development. :)

Will the radar also pick up on SimObjects of the Viewer or SimpleObject category (SIMCONNECT_SIMOBJECT_TYPE_ALL)?  I ask because I'm wondering what'll happen with AI SimObjects used as scenery (for example, with FSDT sceneries or FS Active Fires).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 09:35:37 pm »
Will the radar also pick up on SimObjects of the Viewer or SimpleObject category (SIMCONNECT_SIMOBJECT_TYPE_ALL)?  I ask because I'm wondering what'll happen with AI SimObjects used as scenery (for example, with FSDT sceneries or FS Active Fires).

It takes the SIMCONNECT_SIMOBJECT_TYPE_ALL kind, so I think you'll see FSDT buildings, which is kinda realistic, they would appear on a ground radar. Don't ask if you can destroy them...:)

oldpop

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »
Got it working, can lock a tgt.  Is there a method to do a "CCRP auto" release on the tgt?

gillesaw

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 08:46:54 am »
Hello Everybody.

How to select a target ?

How to identify different ground target ? Vehicules ? Tacpack structures ?

Does it send the information to the HUD Tacpack AG mode ?

Best regards
Gilles

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 12:40:53 pm »
How to select a target ?

As explained on the 2 pages manual, you cycle between targets with the TGTUP/DOWN buttons.

How to identify different ground target ? Vehicules ? Tacpack structures ?

You can't. It will just target everything that doesn't move or move very slowly.

s it send the information to the HUD Tacpack AG mode ?

There's no interaction of any kind with Tacpack.

Blue Angels

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 02:20:42 pm »
Will this Air to Ground radar mode work in the FSXBA F/A-18 HORNET v18.4.131 too

PhantomTweak

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 07:58:18 am »
Only simobjects added by software like TacPack, CCP, FSX@WAR, F18MovingTargets, and so on. You might want to read through the VRS forums for things related to Simobjects.

The Ground Mapping feature works quite well, but it doesn't show airports, or runways like the real one will. No Hornet Approach plates :D

The Ground radar will also pick up AI boats added with AICarriers, or other AI flight plans boats use, when in SEA mode. There are many add-on boats of different kinds available. Search the various forums and simualtor download sites for the name Henrik Nielsen. He has made, literally hundreds of boats to add into the sim, all with plans that make them sail all around the world. These should show up.

The AA radar WILL pick up AI planes in the air, BTW.

Enjoy!
Pat☺