Author Topic: Dennis's KDFW AFCAD Update - Version 1.3  (Read 7935 times)

DMullert

Dennis's KDFW AFCAD Update - Version 1.3
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:35:54 pm »
Hello Gang and greetings to all.

Here is an updated version of my updated AFCAD for KDFW.  I have already done several versions of this file, as I have continued to make additional modifications, so I've decided to start naming the releases. Here are the version histories as a reference:

Version 1.3 (Attached with this message):

1.  Terminal E gates 33 through 36 are now disabled as per in real life due to construction.  I've added a couple of dirt mounds, some trucks and tractors, as well as vehicles and cones that delineate the "do not pass" zone past gate 32.  One thing to note - Because of the methodology employed by FSDT to build this scenery, deleting a gate location with ADE in the AFCAD file causes the gates for those locations to only show up half-way.  Since gates 33 thru 36 are disabled I had to delete the gate location in the AFCAD file in order to prevent AI aircraft from wanting to park in those locations.  As a result, Terminal E gates 33 thru 36 will show half of the jetways instead of the whole jetway.  The only way to get the jetways to show up is by adding the jetway/gate in the AFCAD file, which will cause AI's to park there again - unrealistic at the moment.  Trade-off folks!!
2.  As a result of Terminal E construction, UsAirways now shares gates with Spirit Airlines in the Remote Terminal E area.
3.  Added Lufthansa Cargo parking spots that were originally overlooked.
4.  Added additional DHL parking as per real life observed locations.

Version 1.2:

1.  Jetways at Terminal E's satellite terminal where Spirit Airlines now parks.
2.  The file name has been changed to AP_KDFW.bgl in order to have it "play nice" with GSX.

Version 1:

1.  Cargo airlines now park where they're supposed to park, according to visuals (I travel a lot out of KDFW so I get the (privilege to observe on a weekly basis where everyone parks).
2.  International airlines now park where they are supposed to in Terminal D.  I've even included the temporary parking areas for the Quantas and the BAW 747.
3.  GA parking has now been relocated to the area where the Oooold American Eagle terminal now lies (North of Terminal A).
4.  Spirit Airlines now parks at the little satellite terminal off Terminal E.  Today that terminal has jetways - the KDFW scenery does not sport jetways for that terminal but V2 may re-activate them.  In the mean time, Spirit at least is parking where it's supposed to.
5.  Spirit sometimes parks a jet in the old Delta Cargo terminal area across form Terminal E.  That spot has been activated.
6.  American Airlines appropriate sized jets now park in the AA Hangars both, East and West of the airport as overflow.
7.  American Eagle overflow parking areas have been added as per in real life.
8.  Gate sizes have been painstakingly tweaked to get the appropriate sized aircraft parking on Terminals A, C, and D (Meaning, no 777W's parking on Terminal A or C).
9.  I have de-activated those gates on Terminal B that are not being used at this moment due to the terminal extension construction going on in real life.
10.  To avoid any potential conflicts with FSDT's original scenery I did not add any objects.

I continue to tweak here and there.  Hope this helps.  If any of you have additional input or findings, please feel free to let me know and I'll incorporate them in another update.  

Updated file is attached.  Do not change the file name as it will cause your gates to not show up.

Cheers folks.

Dennis
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Dennis's KDFW AFCAD Update - Version 1.3
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 07:20:25 am »
Will give it a try Dennis.

I actually tried the last one you made and liked it. Been so busy lately that I hadn't had a chance to reply. I'll give the new one a shot and see how it goes.

BTW, I was driving through KDFW this evening taking the short cut from 183 to 635 and saw the Qantas 747 backed in like where you put the position in the ADE. Since I am running one of the newer flightplan updates from UT2 i've seen it parked in the sim in the same place you put it in the ADE. Pretty cool how close the sim can be to real life, even down to small details like that.

BTW, you know what ever happened to the ATI DC-8 in real life at KDFW? A few years ago I would see it fly over my house around midnight on its way to Toledo Express. I was using an ATI package I downloaded and it had the same flight plan for FSX departing KDFW to Toledo at around the same time. In fact I used to see it parked at the southern most cargo area at KDFW in the same time frame. But then about 2 years ago it seems like the ATI DC-8 is never at KDFW anymore and I dont even see it on flightaware making its trip to KTOL.

DMullert

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 02:04:33 pm »
Glad you like it so far.  I tried to make it as realistic as possible.  I travel a lot out of DFW (sometimes twice a week), and I mainly fly out of Terminal D.  I have seen the ATI DC8 parked regularly in the cargo facility that sits across AAL's western hangars - it's usually there.  I heard that Quantas is planning to replace the 744 for an A380 - interesting to have the A380 in DFW.  I can't wait for FSDT to update KDFW as it has undergone a lot of changes since the scenery was first released.

Cheers.  Dennis
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 03:21:44 pm »
I've been reading this. I think I will try also.  ;D
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

por930

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 01:46:37 pm »
Hi Dennis,
I flew out of KDFW last month to KDCA with AA from Terminal A, gate A39?

It seems while the scenery on page 16 of the KDFW manual indicates gates 36-39, there are no gates 36-39 in the KDFW scenery! At present, gate 35 is at the end of the row...I do recall though in real life that gate 39 was "tucked" away and took a bit of finding...So, maybe this is an addition to the actual airport and the FSDT scenery does not yet cater for 36-39?

Loved your piles of dirt at Terminal E

Regards
Geoff

DMullert

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 01:59:46 pm »
Hey Geoff!

Gates 36-39.....which terminal???  I know that those gates in between Terminal B and Terminal D were temporarily disabled due to construction in real life - not sure if they have been re-activated - not sure if those might be the 36 - 39 gates you refer to. In order to locate 36-39 gates, take a look at this link:  http://www.flightstats.com/go/AirportTerminalMaps/gateFinder.do?airportCode=DFW

I fly mainly out of Terminal D, Terminal A, and Terminal C and they all sport gates beyond gate 36.  Those gates in Terminal E that I temporarily disabled in the AFCAD due to construction were re-opened a couple of weeks ago and UsAirways seems to be utilizing them based on my latest observations.  I will updtae the file and post it here.

DFW has gone through a lot of changes in the last 2 years.  It is time for FSDT to update this airport.  The biggest change is the Envoy terminal extension of Terminal B.

Cheers.

Dennis
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

por930

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 02:25:24 am »
Hi Dennis,
I said in my post...Terminal A. When we were there in October, lots of terminal building going on. Our flight was scheduled in Terminal A gate 10, but due to late flight, we were moved to Terminal A gate 39. I recall the gate was a bit 'hidden'. Now when I look on the FSDT KDFW manual, it shows gates 35-39, and the link you sent(great by the way) also shows the real gates 35-39. However, when in FSDT, the gates for Terminal A seem to end at gate 35? Maybe gates 36-39, are at the end of the terminal A between gate A35 and C2, though not much room in real life?

I first found this when when flying last week from KDFW to KDCA I looked for gate A39..Nah, not there.

I was amazed in real life at the size of KDFW. We flew in from Aus on QF7, and later out on QF8. Both of these flights used Terminal D.

See ya

Geoff

Bassman7e7

• Success is earned, not given.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 07:56:02 pm »
Hello Gang and greetings to all.

Version 1.3 (Attached with this message):

1.  Terminal E gates 33 through 36 are now disabled as per in real life due to construction.  I've added a couple of dirt mounds, some trucks and tractors, as well as vehicles and cones that delineate the "do not pass" zone past gate 32.  One thing to note - Because of the methodology employed by FSDT to build this scenery, deleting a gate location with ADE in the AFCAD file causes the gates for those locations to only show up half-way.  Since gates 33 thru 36 are disabled I had to delete the gate location in the AFCAD file in order to prevent AI aircraft from wanting to park in those locations.  As a result, Terminal E gates 33 thru 36 will show half of the jetways instead of the whole jetway.  The only way to get the jetways to show up is by adding the jetway/gate in the AFCAD file, which will cause AI's to park there again - unrealistic at the moment.  Trade-off folks!!
2.  As a result of Terminal E construction, UsAirways now shares gates with Spirit Airlines in the Remote Terminal E area.
3.  Added Lufthansa Cargo parking spots that were originally overlooked.
4.  Added additional DHL parking as per real life observed locations.
Dennis

Hey Dennis,

As someone who works out of DFW I should let ya know, in Terminal E, they have reopened gates E31 - E38. US Airways @ E35-38, Spirit E21-34. Gates E11 - E17 are now closed for Renovations. Delta & Alaska Moved to the remote section of the terminal for E22-E31 And Virgin America no longer services DFW. I could tell ya more about the other terminals or just look directly at the DFW map.
Chris Perlman
DFW/Aviation Simulation Enthusiast