Author Topic: Missing terminals and Standalone Manager question  (Read 5428 times)

Cfoley

Missing terminals and Standalone Manager question
« on: January 17, 2015, 06:06:52 pm »
I am having problems with all my Fsdreamteam airport terminals disappearing and only the gates showing.  I understand that I need to install the Standalone Manager.  Do I do this with each airport?  Also,  I noticed every time I re-download an airport,  the GSX trucks are the older ones,  Such as "Continental Airline".   I usually have to do the full installer for GSX to fix this.  I have had these airports for about two years and the problem started when I purchased the Zurich airport recently and all the terminals for all the other airports disappeared.    Even after installing the airport,  I install the standalone manager, but the terminal buildings are still missing.  The Coutl is not in FSX on the addon manager.  No matter how many times I download the Standalone or the airport installer,  the terminals are missing.   I also disabled my anti-virus but did not help, but on the 3rd try, I think it worked.  I noticed also for KJFK that the A, B, C, D, E, etc terminals are no longer listed, but all high number gates are only numbers in the 200 - 800 range, etc.

Update:  After several attempts and 6 hours of trouble shooting,  I have the airport terminals back.  Don't know how I did it, but at least they are back.   I checked 4 of the airports and the terminals are in place.  I am puzzled by KJFK's terminal numbers.   I use to go by the terminal letters, but now there are only numbers, and near the bottom of the list some letters mixed in.  The reason I bring this up I used Terminal A because that terminal are all heavy aircraft gates that GSX supports.   Now I will have to go to gate to gate until I find one that supports GSX heavy aircraft.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:49:09 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing terminals and Standalone Manager question
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:15:24 pm »
 I am puzzled by KJFK's terminal numbers.   I use to go by the terminal letters, but now there are only numbers, and near the bottom of the list some letters mixed in.  The reason I bring this up I used Terminal A because that terminal are all heavy aircraft gates that GSX supports.   Now I will have to go to gate to gate until I find one that supports GSX heavy aircraft.

Please clarify this, because I don't understand what you are referring to.

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 11:40:50 pm »
Sorry about not being too clear.   Before when I pull up the airport gate menu in FSX,  it use to be the gate numbers such as, "Gate A5, A6, A6,  or B2, B3, B4, etc, and would indicated the aircraft size as well.   But now it noticed it is just numbers such as 300, 201, 302, etc, as an example.    This is not a big issue with me,  I was just wondering about the change.   
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:42:42 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:50:58 am »
Before when I pull up the airport gate menu in FSX,  it use to be the gate numbers such as, "Gate A5, A6, A6,  or B2, B3, B4, etc, and would indicated the aircraft size as well.   But now it noticed it is just numbers such as 300, 201, 302, etc, as an example.    This is not a big issue with me,  I was just wondering about the change.

But that's NOT an "issue"! It's how they are supposed to be. JFK real names for terminals are Terminal 1, Terminal 2, etc. But FSX naming scheme doesn't support this. Terminals can only be named like A, B, C or none at all. Also, FSX doesn't allow something like "Terminal XX, Gate 10B" or "Terminal XX, Gate 10A", which also happens at the real JFK.

So, in order to have the Terminal names more recognizable in the FSX menu, we used this convention, which is very standard amongst other developers too, so 201 means "Terminal 2, Gate 1", 302 means "Terminal 3, Gate 2", etc.

But this is an issue that relates just the default FSX "Go To Airport" menu.

Using the almighty GSX, we can overcome all limitations of the standard FSX menu, and have more descriptive/understandable names and groups for the terminals. So, if you use the GSX menu to POSITION the airplane, using the "Just Warp Me There" option, which just moves the airplane there without starting any service, you can have your gates listed in an easier and more realistic way, so you can use the FSX "Go To Airport" menu JUST to load the airport, for example selecting the active runway, and then use the GSX menu to position to the correct gate, using a much better list.

And, since repositioning using the GSX menu doesn't reload anything, the time to load the airport will be the same if you do it this way.