Author Topic: Trying to update the AFCAD..  (Read 10987 times)

tk92

Trying to update the AFCAD..
« on: July 24, 2014, 11:38:01 am »
Hi FSDT!

I am trying to update the AFCAD of the airport, since it is not very accurate with the current situation anymore. Delta is leasing some gates at terminal 6 and many airlines have moved to the TBIT (KLM, Air France for example; they are positioned at gate 2 in the 'old' afcad).

I tried to adjust it with ADE 1.20, and everything works fine (adjusting the airlines at the gates, compiling the airport to a KLAX_AP.bgl file). However, ,when I replace the 'new' AFCAD with the 'old/original' one, and I start FS2004, FS displays only the default AFCAD instead of my new made one. This is weird, because the scenery is (of course) activated in the library and the new AFCAD file is within the scenery folder. Am I doing anything wrong here or have I missed something? I would really like to update the afcad since DELTA needs a bit more space with their latest expansions ;)

My .bgl file till so far is included in the attachment, if anyone would be interested in how it looks so far... Note that I am not done updating yet (I just tried to adapt terminal 5 and 6)

Thanks a lot :D

Thomas

tk92

Re: Trying to update the AFCAD..
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:23:24 pm »
Hi FSDT!

I am trying to update the AFCAD of the airport, since it is not very accurate with the current situation anymore. Delta is leasing some gates at terminal 6 and many airlines have moved to the TBIT (KLM, Air France for example; they are positioned at gate 2 in the 'old' afcad).

I tried to adjust it with ADE 1.20, and everything works fine (adjusting the airlines at the gates, compiling the airport to a KLAX_AP.bgl file). However, ,when I replace the 'new' AFCAD with the 'old/original' one, and I start FS2004, FS displays only the default AFCAD instead of my new made one. This is weird, because the scenery is (of course) activated in the library and the new AFCAD file is within the scenery folder. Am I doing anything wrong here or have I missed something? I would really like to update the afcad since DELTA needs a bit more space with their latest expansions ;)

My .bgl file till so far is included in the attachment, if anyone would be interested in how it looks so far... Note that I am not done updating yet (I just tried to adapt terminal 5 and 6)

Thanks a lot :D

Thomas

EDIT: I tried another programme and I made a new AFCAD with the correct positions of all aircraft.. Anyone who's interested may download it from me below if FSDT thinks that's OK :-D