Author Topic: LSZH new ILS Freqs.  (Read 14191 times)

Thaddel

LSZH new ILS Freqs.
« on: January 13, 2015, 10:16:46 am »
Since december, and according to AIRAC 1501, the ILS frequency for Runway 14 has changed from 108.30 to 111.75.

When can we expect an update for this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSZH new ILS Freqs.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 01:53:21 pm »
Changing just the ILS frequency it's a very easy update that you can do it yourself with any AFCAD editor. But we'll have a look at it anyway.

I would like to remind you that the sceneries we sell are not sold under a maintenance program, such as Navigraph, where you have to pay for it. This doesn't mean we don't do updates, but simply that you can't expect they would automatically appear just *because* the AIRAC cycle has been updated.

So, again, we'll might update the scenery soon, but it should be clear that is not something that is part of the product, and if users would start expecting that (because we did it immediately after an AIRAC update), it would give the wrong impression that we are also offering, a kind of maintenance service that other companies are offering for a price, for free.

In fact, I always wondered what's the point of keeping your Navdata updated, when the only result of this, is the increase chance of conflicts between the navdata and the scenery you own.

Fractal

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 03:46:06 am »
Thanks a lot Umberto!

Indeed it's not part of support and we can't impose it. Yet it would be great to have LSZH updated to the new ILS frequency. Runway 14 is zurich's main landing runway and my most used add on :)

Best regards from zurich

Karim
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:51:15 am by Fractal »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:09:37 am »
 That's the easy part Umberto is talking about. It takes only a minute to change it yourself.

Fractal

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 12:11:11 pm »
That's the easy part Umberto is talking about. It takes only a minute to change it yourself.

How can I do so ? I'm using p3d. I guess I need an afcad editor such as ade. How do I change it ?

G.Bosak

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 08:58:50 pm »

If it takes just a minute for you, why don't you share that bgl with us?

On the day i have to support all my purchased airports myself i'll stop buying new ones!

For me the motive to buy an addon airport is not just the visual upgrade! I also do it
for correct allignment and correct frequencies.

@Umberto:
In fact, I always wondered what's the point of keeping your Navdata updated, when the only result of this, is the increase chance of conflicts between the navdata and the scenery you own.

It seems you don't really understand the spirit of IVAO/VATSIM. If it doesn't matter if airports are "orphaned" or not, who should buy high quality addon airports like yours at all?

regards

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 01:24:08 am »
 I would share it but I don't have FSDT Zurich. In the time taken to write that post you could have done it yourself, it's that simple. There's nothing wrong with learning how to do it on your own. It adds to your own toolbox to be able to tweak your sim the way you want it without having to wait.

G.Bosak

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 02:45:59 pm »
I would share it but I don't have FSDT Zurich. In the time taken to write that post you could have done it yourself, it's that simple. There's nothing wrong with learning how to do it on your own. It adds to your own toolbox to be able to tweak your sim the way you want it without having to wait.

I don't do it on principle. 

I've supported FSDT over years (purchased every airport) so it should be no drama to change frequency for their "power customers" instead of discussing it.

I don't need any sales but i appreciate service!

G.Bosak

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 10:36:02 pm »
@ Umberto:

just a final and easy example to demonstrate that even one of the most talented guys in flightsimulation (you) can be mistaken sometimes.
Its not easy to talk to you because take you every form of criticism personally unfortunatelly.

13.01.2015: someone asked for something (ILS freq. change LSZH) that costs you one minute editing bgl and lets say another one for uploading it.

In the meantime you wrote more than one odyssey (link)  to argue you act faultless instead fulfill such a simple support
request, which will being noticed by everone in a positive way. It's a matter of commensurability you don't get because you are involved.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11415.msg87952#new

Is it enough to attest yourself being on a good way?:

We are dealing already in the most customer friendly way as possible, that NOBODY does. Clear explanation
AND DIRECT ASSISTANCE with Teamviewer, in case nothing else works. Fortunately, SOMEONE is getting this, on the
thread aptly named "Fantastic Customer Service"

Ore is it more likely something which has to be proven every day afresh?

You don't need to lock this thread, too. I don't intend to reply in this case anymore. It just demonstrates how easily somenone can turn satisified customers into unsatisfied ones.
Not with your products just with your communication skills/ignorance/appearance/matchspirit/tamper,.. whatever it is. I don't know you personally.

For whatever reason you feel forced to relative this issuewith long text (again) instead of doing e.g. 2 minute really support work (to stay on topic in this thread) you will ensure that i am right.

So it needed me 3 short posts to make you upset and one to demonstrate why you react wrong by tendency. You can't change any public image with the crowbar (regardless if you agree or not)
And this is the best advice someone can give you, even you haven't asked for.

regards

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:39:36 pm by G.Bosak »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 10:59:24 pm »
just a final and easy example to demonstrate that even one of the most talented guys in flightsimulation (you) can be mistaken sometimes. Its not easy to talk to you because take you every form of criticism personally unfortunatelly.

The only thing this post demonstrate, is your prejudice, which makes you see things in the wrong way, even when they don't have anything to do with each other, like in this case.

So it needed me 3 short posts to make you upset and one to demonstrate why you react wrong by tendency. You can't change any public image with the crowbar (regardless if you agree or not)

I really don't know what are you trying to say. Where, exactly, you can find traces of me being "upset" ? I always state the technical facts, and I afraid they don't have any emotions, sorry.

13.01.2015: someone asked for something (ILS freq. change LSZH) that costs you one minute editing bgl and lets say another one for uploading it.

And what makes you think this wasn't made intentionally and for a sound reason ?

You said you don't want to edit the AFCAD "on principle". I might say the same: we don't update sceneries just because there's an AIRAC cycle, for the obvious reason that not all users PAY to SUBSCRIBE to get AIRAC updates.

This means, users that purchased an airplane with an FMC navdata and decided they don't want to pay for be always updated, would see a difference between the scenery and the FMC. And it's you, of all people, that should be aware of problems that might happen when the FMC navdata and the scenery ILS are not in agreement, since you already fell into this trap before:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8927.msg72360.html#msg72360

See how a difference between the navdata and the scenery would result in an user getting confused by it, and of course blaming the scenery (which was fine) in your case ?

Anyway, find the updated AFCAD attached here. But it won't appear in a official scenery update immediately.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:13:32 pm by virtuali »

Fractal

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 08:17:19 pm »
awesome, thanks a lot  ! Much appreciated !

socili

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 11:52:15 pm »
I think i have to break a lance for some costumer out there who will or have bought ZürichX.
There are a groupe of virtual pilots who fly on online networks. Bud what is the over all base to fly together since it depend on scenery and installation on each single PC? It's the motto of them, as real as it gets (or at least we try to come close to it). The only solution is to fly actual routes and charts. That was the reason i bought LSZH and LSGG from FSDreamteam, ASN for real world wether, have a Navigraph abo for AIRAC updates and so on.
Bud that olso may fit for offline pilots who want to fly real world procedures with comples and challenging aircrafts.

Please be a bit patient with us who try to chase reality a bit ;-)