Author Topic: Terminal A and B under ground **SOLVED**  (Read 7468 times)

Marseille

Terminal A and B under ground **SOLVED**
« on: January 11, 2015, 09:26:53 pm »
Hi.First of all Thank you for addons.
After re-installing FSX and DFW addon (and several other FSDT addons) this problem appeared. Terminals A and B are a bit sunk in ground; runway and taxiways look blurry (only near this terminals. around the airport and the whole scenery everything is ok). I have already read about the same problem (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10980.0.html) but the solution did not work for me. Any help will be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:55:55 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Terminal A and B under ground.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 10:28:33 pm »
runway and taxiways look blurry (only near this terminals. around the airport and the whole scenery everything is ok).

As discussed many times already on the forum, blurred textures happens because you haven't enabled Anisotropic filtering. Enable Anisotropic filtering, both in the FSX settings and in your video card control panel, and use 8x or 16x and let the driver Enhance the application setting.

Terminals A and B are a bit sunk in ground

This is an entirely different problem from the first one, and it's usually created by another scenery in conflict, as already discussed in the other thread you linked. I'm sorry, but there are no other solutions that the one already indicated in that thread:

From the Scenery Library, disable all 3rd party mesh products you have installed, one by one, followed by an FSX restart every time you disable/enable an area, until you find the offending one.

Marseille

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 10:47:33 pm »
Thanks for a quick response.
I already deleted all the addons and no effect. So sad to hear but thank for help anyway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:59:32 pm »
I already deleted all the addons and no effect. So sad to hear but thank for help anyway.

Then it's possible the conflicting scenery is not in its own folder, but might be a file/files mixed with the default scenery, which makes it more difficult to find.

Marseille

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 11:07:07 pm »
Yep. I'll try to do my best and post here in case of success.

Marseille

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 09:37:33 am »
I spent some time trying to solve the problem and found a strange "near solution". First of all you were not right saying that disabled Anisotropic filtering caused blurry textures that time. After removing AP_KDFW.BGL i have all the buildings back on the ground and on that blurry places now i can see the default scenery. AFX also sees no addon, only the default airport. So it's a bit weird. Any advice?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:54:49 am by Marseille »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 10:14:53 pm »
First of all you were not right saying that disabled Anisotropic filtering caused blurry textures that time

Sorry, but that's not the case. Your screenshot shows two entirely separate problems:

1) An altitude conflict caused by another scenery in conflict, which result in the default runways shining through the airport

AND

2) Blurred textures CLEARLY caused by the lack of anisotropic filtering.

The "buildings under ground" wasn't very easy to spot, because your screenshot is not very clear. I only replied to the two obvious things. You might have noticed or not that, by enabling anisotropic, THOSE blurred textures in YOUR screenshot should go away, but they surely are.

Now, you might probably confusing the blurred textures I'm referring to, with the lack of the higher resolution textures that comes with the scenery, that are not visible BECAUSE of the scenery conflict, but that's an entirely different case of blurred textures: it's the low-resolution background mesh which is lacking the higher resolution layer, because of the altitude conflict.

After removing AP_KDFW.BGL i have all the buildings back on the ground and on that blurry places now i can see the default scenery. AFX also sees no addon, only the default airport. So it's a bit weird. Any advice?

You shouldn't remove the AFCAD that comes with the scenery and the fact that by removing it, you now see buildings, clearly proves there's still a conflict.

I can only repeat and confirm, this can only be caused by ANOTHER scenery in conflict. Don't touch files in the fsdreamteam\KDFW\scenery folder, they are all fine, your problem lies elsewhere.

If you can't find it, we can arrange a session with Teamviewer, so I can have a look at your system. PM to arrange that.

Marseille

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 10:22:14 pm »
Okey. I got everything you wrote and really appreciate it. Did not think that everything is THAT complicated. :) As for now i want to try again to solve it on my own before bothering you with Teamviewer sessions.

Marseille

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 07:18:40 pm »
Happy to say that i solved the problem by (as you said) removing some file from my FSX scenery folder. Just writing to say one more time thank you for you patience and great addons.

anscad

Re: Terminal A and B under ground **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 04:35:01 pm »
Do you remember which file it was that you deleted? I have the same problem adn trying to solve it.