Author Topic: Removing deicing vehicles?  (Read 4306 times)

p3dx3

Removing deicing vehicles?
« on: January 08, 2015, 12:05:35 pm »
I have ground traffic set to none. But deicing vehicles show up at KORD (and possibly other fsdt airports?) on the deicing pads, always spraying the fluid and making noise.

How do I remove them?

Thank you

ps looking forward to an updated KORD with all the new runways and cargo areas sometime in the future if possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Removing deicing vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:08:35 pm »
I have ground traffic set to none. But deicing vehicles show up at KORD (and possibly other fsdt airports?) on the deicing pads, always spraying the fluid and making noise.

The deicing vehicles that moves through the airport can be removed by using the "Ground Traffic" checkbox in the Addon Manager.

The ones on the deicing pads (that appear only in Winter), other than setting the Scenery Complexity lower (they appear only starting at a certain value on that slider), you can't remove them, and if you remove the actual objects, you will have stuttering, because of the software trying to create an object that doesn't exists.

We have a feature added with KIAH that allows to turn on/off such kind objects using a menu, but O'Hare doesn't use it, but that would be a useful feature to add, since it's very easy for us, and it can be delivered by users with just a Live Update, without reinstalling the scenery.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:16:32 am »

The deicing vehicles that moves through the airport can be removed by using the "Ground Traffic" checkbox in the Addon Manager.

The ones on the deicing pads (that appear only in Winter), other than setting the Scenery Complexity lower (they appear only starting at a certain value on that slider), you can't remove them, and if you remove the actual objects, you will have stuttering, because of the software trying to create an object that doesn't exists.

We have a feature added with KIAH that allows to turn on/off such kind objects using a menu, but O'Hare doesn't use it, but that would be a useful feature to add, since it's very easy for us, and it can be delivered by users with just a Live Update, without reinstalling the scenery.

Thank you

mattd319

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:19:20 pm »
Thank you - been wondering about this as well.

PS: Also looking forward to an ORD update someday.  It seems they build runways at this airport like there is no tomorrow   :o