Author Topic: Question regarding boarding time  (Read 3150 times)

athreeforty

Question regarding boarding time
« on: January 03, 2015, 02:12:21 pm »
Hey folks,

I hope I'm not missing a topic regarding my question, but the search function didn't bring sufficient results.

From the manual I learned that the boarding time is dependant on the weight and balance section of the aircraft.cfg. Now if I do not touch the aircraft.cfg but change the payload of the aircraft within the flight sim (in my case P3D) in the fuel & payload dialog, will this also affect the boarding time or will it stay the same? I think it will stay the same, just want to make sure.

Oh and I'd love to see an increase of the animation cycles of the catering service in a future update, in my opinion it's rather short right now.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:13:54 pm by athreeforty »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question regarding boarding time
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 08:12:18 pm »
change the payload of the aircraft within the flight sim (in my case P3D) in the fuel & payload dialog, will this also affect the boarding time or will it stay the same? I think it will stay the same, just want to make sure.

Yes, it will change, because it's not read from the aircraft.cfg, but calling Simconnect to ask the actual weight of all the loading stations, which changes as soon as you edit the payload in the sim.

athreeforty

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 11:41:04 pm »
change the payload of the aircraft within the flight sim (in my case P3D) in the fuel & payload dialog, will this also affect the boarding time or will it stay the same? I think it will stay the same, just want to make sure.

Yes, it will change, because it's not read from the aircraft.cfg, but calling Simconnect to ask the actual weight of all the loading stations, which changes as soon as you edit the payload in the sim.

Oh thats great! Good to know this. I have only one very specific question: in the aerosoft airbus, you can simulate the boarding via the mcdu, so that the payload will not be loaded within one moment but more continuously (like in real life). Does GSX only read the payload out once or will it recognize the dynamically changing payload? Just for me to know if I can use this feature or load it immediately instead.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 12:49:46 am »
GSX only read the payload out once or will it recognize the dynamically changing payload? Just for me to know if I can use this feature or load it immediately instead.

GSX reads the payload the moment you call a GSX feature that requires estimating the number of passengers. The topic with the Airbus X has been discussed already here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11331.msg87194.html#msg87194
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10873.msg85247.html#msg85247

athreeforty

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 01:39:22 pm »
Again thanks for the advice. I tried it by myself and I also noticed that it must be loaded before GSX starts boarding.