Author Topic: Active but not installed in scenery Library **SOLVED**  (Read 7759 times)

Claudio Nelli

Active but not installed in scenery Library **SOLVED**
« on: November 24, 2014, 06:02:23 pm »
Hello,

I have down loaded all the updates and tried to install the software numerous times but it does nor install it too the Pr3d directory. I read numerous suggestions on the internet but to know avail at the end I get a message that it is installed correctly ( FSX that is).

Any help is very much appreciated.

Claudio Nelli
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:18:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Active but not installed in scenery Library
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:05:28 pm »
This has been discussed many times on the forum: if you use any Migration tool, you must disable it when you install something that supports P3D natively, like all our  products.

Claudio Nelli

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 10:25:04 pm »
Greeting,

What is a migration Tool?

I read quite a lot on this problem but I did not quite understand. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Claudio Nelli

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 10:38:16 pm »
The Migration tool is a 3rd party program that fools installer that do not know about P3D, to think they are installing into FSX, that seemed to be the most likely explanation, considering you said the installer doesn't install into the P3D directory.

If you never used it (are you *sure* ? not even in the past ?), that might indicate your P3D installation or its registry key is not correct, but of course is difficult to say, since your description was so vague.

Please clarify all the following:

- What's your P3D version ?

- Do you use the current version of our installers ? Only the latest versions supports the latest P3D releases.

- Do you see a request to install into P3D, or the installation goes directly into FSX without asking ?

Claudio Nelli

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 07:22:21 pm »
Hello,

I do apologise about the vagueness of my question because I was a bit confused on what to ask. But I can now answer you questions properly.

1:     My P3D version is 2.4.115.70

2:     I have the latest Addon ManagerX installer ver 2.9.0.24 ( which detects P3D).

3:     At setup it tells me that '  This product requires prepar3D 2.0 0r 2.1 to be installed' and it starts to install on FSX. Same as GSX services.

4:     I did install 3 months ago a 3rd party program what you have mentioned when I installed an aircraft (only one) that was a BIG mistake 10    minutes later I uninstalled that program, uninstalled P3D and had to reinstall to software to the latest version which I downloaded a couple of weeks ago because it had corrupted it. I have learned my lesson the hard way.

Thank you for helping me and your products are so amazing I will be purchasing more software from your company.

Best regards,
Claudio nelli
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:37:05 pm by Claudio Nelli »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 04:53:40 pm »
4:     I did install 3 months ago a 3rd party program what you have mentioned when I installed an aircraft (only one) that was a BIG mistake 10    minutes later I uninstalled that program, uninstalled P3D and had to reinstall to software to the latest version which I downloaded a couple of weeks ago because it had corrupted it. I have learned my lesson the hard way.

I was quite sure you KNEW about the Migration Tool, and you HAVE used it. The issue is, if you "Uninstalled it after 10 minutes", without first disabling it, you don't have the program installed anymore, but the changes it made to your registry keys and your P3D executable might still be active.

You'll probably have to reinstall the P3D Migration Tool, DISABLE IT, and then uninstall it ( or leave it installed, it doesn't matter if it's disabled )

Claudio Nelli

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 07:06:14 pm »
Hi,

I will do what you said. Thank you for the info and I will keep you posted.

best regards

Claudio nelli

Claudio Nelli

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 10:13:31 pm »
Solved Brilliant, I did  reinstall the P3D Migration Tool, DISABLE IT, and then left it installed, so I cannot do anymore damage  LOL. As for the crash the FSUIPC was corrupt which I realised later, my memory is not what it used to be. The scenery in P3D is incredible my false teeth touched the floor.

Thank you for all your help.

have a great day.

Claudio Nelli

ilkeryen

Re: Active but not installed in scenery Library **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 03:32:35 pm »
Hello
I have fsx acceleration pack. I installed JFK2 but there is the same problem that ''Active but not installed in scenery library''.
I did what you said about but it is not solved. pls see pictures attached.
And jfk1 is shown as trial mode but I never download jfk1 .

In additional this nowadays I am living problem with gsx too.
On the add on manager it is launched as ''active'' but it does not work.Nothing happens ctrl+shift+F12

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Active but not installed in scenery Library **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 08:04:49 pm »
I have fsx acceleration pack. I installed JFK2 but there is the same problem that ''Active but not installed in scenery library''.

Do you run FSX in any of the "Compatibility" modes ? If yes, turn them off.

I did what you said about but it is not solved. pls see pictures attached.

Has the Couatl.LOG file being created in that folder ? If yes, please post it.

And jfk1 is shown as trial mode but I never download jfk1 .

It should indicate "In Trial - Not installed in the Scenery Library", and that's normal for something that you never installed.