Author Topic: "Couatl powered products" disappears from Fsx menu  (Read 11141 times)

toelg

"Couatl powered products" disappears from Fsx menu
« on: December 30, 2014, 09:34:32 pm »
Hi all,

I observe a strange behavior at my Fsx "Add-Ons" menu, using GSX :
After installing the addon-manager, the menu is complete. But as I open GSX by Ctrl+F12, and I request any service (Bording, fuel-truck, whatever), I can't open  GSX by Ctrl+F12 anymore, and the "Couatl powered products" disappears from my FSX menu after that.  ???

Any suggestions to fix that strange behavior ?

Thanks
Dietmar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Couatl powered products" disappears from Fsx menu
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 09:36:30 pm »
The most likely reason is that you installed just the Addon Manager, but failed to update the vehicles too, as indicated in the release notes and in the forum update announcement, so the program can't find a missing vehicle.

So, either download one of the vehicles installers (which one, depending how old was your full GSX installation) or, if you don't want to wonder about this, just download and install the latest GSX full installer.

toelg

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 12:46:49 am »
Hi Umberto,

thanks for the very fast reply !

I've just installed the current GSX-setup again, but unfortunately the same behavior as before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 02:40:16 pm »
I've just installed the current GSX-setup again, but unfortunately the same behavior as before.

Before the menu disappears, enable logging from the Troubleshooting section of the "GSX - Settings" page, then exit FSX and restart it. Call GSX, and if the menu disappear, go into your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and post both your Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR files that should have been created there.

toelg

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 06:10:34 pm »
Here my cautl.log (atteched renamed to .txt); but there was no cautl.err built at the Virtuali folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 06:23:03 pm »
There's nothing wrong with your log. Does it happen on a default scenery ?

toelg

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 06:49:03 pm »
It was at LIRF (freeware by New Scenery Group), but it also happens at a default airport (just tested it at default EDDK).

flightwatch

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 09:21:35 pm »
Same behavior here.  Happens at all airports regardless of default, freeware, or payware.  It's just not available in the menu and gsx won't start.  The modules are authorized in FSX.

Gary

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 06:14:35 am »

Before the menu disappears, enable logging from the Troubleshooting section of the "GSX - Settings" page, then exit FSX and restart it. Call GSX, and if the menu disappear, go into your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and post both your Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR files that should have been created there.

Same here. Only thing is I can't run FSX anymore. BTW what should load first  with exe.xml  Coutal or ezdoc?
Gary
Retired ATC, corporate pilot, & all around good guy.

toelg

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 05:22:22 pm »
Just noticed another quirk :
I have the airports LSZH, KLAX and KJFK by FSDT; as I try to place a plane at one of this airports, Fsx quits with the message (german)  "Es ist ein schwerwiegender Fehler aufgetreten. Fsx muss beendet werden".

It seems to be a serious problem with the addon-manager at my system, that not only affects GSX, but all FSDT-addons.

MrSpeaker

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 06:18:10 pm »
Hey guys I have been having alot of weird issues pop up, trackir not working, asn not connecting, not being able to access anything in the addon menus and gsx not working. If you have fsuipc installed just take everything to do with fsuipc out of your fsx modules folder. paste them on your desktop or something. then try starting fsx up again to see if this solves any of your issues. It fixes mine, though this is  not  a good solution, it seems like fsuipc it blocking my simconnect connections. Let me know if this is your case to.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 06:19:13 pm »
Same behavior here.  Happens at all airports regardless of default, freeware, or payware.  It's just not available in the menu and gsx won't start.  The modules are authorized in FSX.

Do you use FSX or FSX Steam ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 06:20:11 pm »
Same here. Only thing is I can't run FSX anymore. BTW what should load first  with exe.xml  Coutal or ezdoc?

Are you having an FSX error message (and if yes, which one ?), or is FSX just quitting to desktop without any errors ?

toelg

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 01:45:20 pm »

Are you having an FSX error message (and if yes, which one ?), or is FSX just quitting to desktop without any errors ?

For me I'm using FSX+SP2. The error message is : "A fatal error occurred. FSX needs to close" (I have the german version  "Es ist ein schwerwiegender Fehler aufgetreten. FSX muss beendet werden").

toelg

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 02:35:44 pm »
Here my event-message by Win7 :

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61472.0, Zeitstempel: 0x475e17d3
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: bglmanx.dll, Version: 2.9.0.27, Zeitstempel: 0x54a56d84
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0001863d
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1548
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d0268e7d87d1cc
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll
Berichtskennung: bc806c66-9283-11e4-9548-902b3437ee28