Author Topic: No Texture @ VYYY  (Read 3408 times)

crauds

No Texture @ VYYY
« on: December 29, 2014, 07:12:30 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I have the latest v1.9 as well as the new vehicle download you recommended at the same time.  I have the textures for the new de-icers so I assumed all was well.  When I used GSX for deboarding at VYYY today, the conveyor trucks and the ground crew were all black -- no texture or color.  This was at Gate G9 and I was using PMDG NGX.  I am including a jpg as well as my modified AFCAD file.  This is a default airport and though I did not apply latest upgrade yet, there should have been no effect on VYYY, should there have been?

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Texture @ VYYY
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 07:33:23 pm »
Since VYYY can accept only IndiGo and Jet Airways, and Jet Airways has been added with the vehicles update 5 only very recently, it's likely you installed the vehicle updates before that date, so you are missing that livery.

Downloading and installing the current vehicles updates 5 should fix it.

crauds

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 07:44:12 pm »
Thanks, Umberto.

I shall give a try.   Though it seems I have been to that airport before and used GSX without issue.  What textures were being used before?

Craig 
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 07:50:05 pm »
What textures were being used before?

Just Indi Go, which has been there for a while. Jet Airways has been added as an alternate operator in India a couple of days ago.

You are seeing a black texture on the Baggage loader, because you got the updated SIM.CFG (which includes JAI) for it with Live Update, but Live Update doesn't also automatically downloads textures too, only the vehicle installers contains textures or sounds used by vehicles.

crauds

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 07:55:17 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I just did the latest update that was offered when I reloaded FSX to VYYY and I checked GSX and this time all vehicles are textured but they are (as you say) Indi Go and not JAI.  Now when I go into your website I see the latest Vehicle update as November and I am sure I had already done that by applying the full installer for V1.9 but in the event that I am confused (not that uncommon!  LOL)  I will download and install that one again.  I hope that is what you are recommending.

EDIT:Installed update 5 (November vehicles) and now Jet Airways is present and visible.  Thank you again.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:02:23 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams