Author Topic: PHLI Terrain problem  (Read 10327 times)

liketofly

PHLI Terrain problem
« on: December 29, 2014, 05:52:12 pm »
Hi.

I have your Hawaiian Airports. Now I have also Pilots FSGlobal2010 and Orbx Global and Vector installed. Vector config tool was run - but I still have this terrain problem.

Basically what happens is that the terrain is loading very late and causes it to jump sort of. Hard to describe, and a screenshot would not help only a video would show what I mean. (can't do videos). All other scenerys where fine (at least after I disabled the respective FSGlobal .bgl in that area)

Any suggestions? Help would be apreciated...

regards
Richard Oberwinkler

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHLI Terrain problem
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 05:58:24 pm »
If the mesh terrain is loading slow, perhaps it's just your settings that are too high, so your system doesn't have enough spare cpu cycle to process it fast enough.

Adding a more complex vector product surely won't help, because the more complex the vector data is (more roads, coastlines, landclass varieties), the more terrain textures FSX will have to generate in real time.

If you stop the airplane mid-air, for example in Slew mode, and wait a bit, does it come correctly ?

If yes, that's exactly the reason above. Since the mesh terrain is handled by background threads, you might also try to experiment with different cpu affinity mask in the Add-on Manager tweaks. On a quad-core system, for example, 14 it's a good number. You will have to restart FSX after each change.

liketofly

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 12:22:04 am »
Thanks for your replay...

I'm running FSX:SE and have AM 14...

Unfortunately it does not correct in slew mode even if I wait... it seems that the "reality bubble" is set too small and only affects this airport....

if I move, never mind if in slew or normal mode the terrain in my immediate vicinity is correct but infront of me it jumps to be displayed correct - and behind me it jumps back again.....

My system is not that old (i7 3770@4,5) and generally well balanced - I do quite well with fixed FPS@30 eaven in heavy scenery like ORBX etc. and never have this jumping terrain... well at least not soo close......

regards
Richard Oberwinkler

PS.: at PHOG I had a similar problem - but here the removal of the respective FSGlobal2010 .bgl cured the problem - unfortunately this approach did not work in PHLI

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 11:05:48 am »
PS.: at PHOG I had a similar problem - but here the removal of the respective FSGlobal2010 .bgl cured the problem - unfortunately this approach did not work in PHLI

That alone should be a clear indication your problem, as I've said, it's related to a MESH product, not the airport. What's you Mesh complexity and resolution settings ?

liketofly

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 01:31:34 am »
Hi,

Complexity 100
Resolution 5m

Should I set it different for that scenery?

regards
Oberwinkler richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 06:37:05 pm »
Should I set it different for that scenery?

No, that's fine. But in any case, it's clearly another 3rd party mesh. Note that, mesh scenery is not prioritized with the order or areas in the Scenery Library, like any other scenery. FSX will always choose the one with the highest resolution in any case.

This means, you might have a conflicting mesh somewhere, which might not be obvious to find, so it must be searched manually.

In any case, nobody ever reported this problem before, and PHLI has been out since several years.

liketofly

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 10:47:13 pm »
I'll have a nother look,...

however, except of FSGlobal2010 and Hawaii airports - I could'nt really think of any scenery interfering.... but I'll get to the roots.....

thanx anyway

regards
Richard

Stefan2002

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 07:24:23 pm »
Hi is the problem solved?

I have exactly the same problem as liketofly.

I use FSX with Acceleration Pack, Hawaiian Airports 1-2.
Furthermore I use FTX Global, Open LC North America.

King regards
Stefan