Author Topic: ILS 22R  (Read 4591 times)

LiamMallon

ILS 22R
« on: October 08, 2008, 11:27:51 pm »
Hello,

I just brought JFK today and am wowed out. I do think it is awesome but had a little problem While landing on 22R the ILS is misaligned. I did land visually and so that wasn't a prob but in bad weather that might be tricky.

The default FS2004 JFK did this also. Would this be fixed in a new afcad anywhere?

Thanks for the great scenery,

Liam mallon

_Dre_

Re: ILS 22R
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:10:47 pm »
Hello,

I just brought JFK today and am wowed out. I do think it is awesome but had a little problem While landing on 22R the ILS is misaligned. I did land visually and so that wasn't a prob but in bad weather that might be tricky.

The default FS2004 JFK did this also. Would this be fixed in a new afcad anywhere?

Thanks for the great scenery,

Liam mallon

If you mean that there's about a 4 or 5 degree difference (offset) between the ILS heading and the actual runway heading then it's no mistake as that's how it is in real life. It's my favourite bad weather runway for that exact reason; because of the last minute correction you have to make in your 'heavies' as you are searching for those lights and the runway as you approach minimums.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

LiamMallon

Re: ILS 22R
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 05:16:28 pm »
Ahh ok that explains it. I am not a New Yorker or very familiar with JFK so wasn't sure. I looked at the chart ffor 22R though and it didn't seem to show an offset.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Liam