Author Topic: Unable to disable pushback  (Read 2972 times)

DarrianCZE

Unable to disable pushback
« on: December 27, 2014, 09:57:40 pm »
Hello guys! I am unable to disable pushback in the Airport Customization option. When I select Pushback Direction - None. The push vehicle will still appear and when I will select Prepare for Pushback and Departure.. it still forces me to perform pushback. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to disable pushback
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 10:08:16 pm »
Do you have any idea how to fix this?

If you don't want to pushback, why you select the "Prepare for Pushback and Departure" in the first place ? Just not use it...

DarrianCZE

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 10:12:40 pm »
I have been using this since buying the GSX.. when you will disable the pushback then it will just tell you "good bye" and also it will not do that annoying sound when you will release the parking brakes. I kinda don't understand that logic behind it. It worked like heaven until last patch.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 12:03:29 am »
I have been using this since buying the GSX.. when you will disable the pushback then it will just tell you "good bye" and also it will not do that annoying sound when you will release the parking brakes.

Then you must wait for an upgrade, as already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11139.msg86068.html#msg86068

"we should probably add a NEW separate option that wasn't there before, to explicitly disable the pushback so, if that option is selected and the preference is "None", you'll get the straight pushback, but if that option is enabled, the pushback will not even be an option."

However, if you set the "Straight Pushback distance" to 0 in the GSX - Settings -> Simulation, a parking with the "None" preference will have the Pushback disabled, you will still have to select the "Prepare for Pushback and Departure" option, but no pushback will happen, and you won't hear the parking brakes warning message/sound.

I kinda don't understand that logic behind it. It worked like heaven until last patch.

By saying "it worked", you are making it sound as it's some kind of a problem.

It was made intentionally, because A LOT of users asked for the ability to ALWAYS have the pushback, even when the scenery had the preference set to "None", which is a very common case of 3rd party developers not setting it correctly, because in ADE it defaults to "None".
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:17:41 am by virtuali »