Author Topic: GSX Parkme not working at Zurich  (Read 3333 times)

Cfoley

GSX Parkme not working at Zurich
« on: December 27, 2014, 11:10:22 am »
I purchased the FSDT Zurich airport, but the parkme feature is not working despite having GSX services.  When I pulled up to the gate there is no Marshaller and the ParkMe sign is just blank.  The ground services work when unloading passengers and luggage, etc.  I have downloaded the GSX full installer again but it still does not function at Zurich.  I have read that GSX services is required for the Parkme to work, but despite having GSX, it does not function. Can anyone assist me with trouble shooting this problem?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:34:32 pm by Cfoley »

pilot3033

Re: GSX Parkme not working at Zurich
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 07:55:34 pm »
Did you select the gate before pulling up to it?

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 01:52:51 am »
FSX selected the gate when I landed.  Also, when I was trying to figure out was wrong, I also selected a gate that fits the aircraft opening up FSX.

pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 03:49:46 am »
FSX selected the gate when I landed.  Also, when I was trying to figure out was wrong, I also selected a gate that fits the aircraft opening up FSX.

FSX and GSX don't talk to eachother in that way. FSX is pretty bad at giving user aircraft an appropriate gate, it's best to just ignore it or not even call ground for taxi at that point. Just select the gate you want/need from the GSX menu and taxi to it on your own.

Cfoley

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 03:59:49 am »
It did not make any difference where I park,  the docking system does not function I have other FSDT airports and so far Zurich is the only one that is not funtioning.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 05:00:56 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 11:32:12 am »
It did not make any difference where I park,  the docking system does not function I have other FSDT airports and so far Zurich is the only one that is not funtioning.

As already explained by the other poster, it's not enough to "just park" and it's not enough to be assigned to a parking by FSX. You MUST activate the parking in GSX, otherwise the docking systems won't turn on.

The parking you are being assigned to by the FSX ATC doesn't have any effect on GSX parking selection so, you CAN select the same parking FSX gave you in GSX too, if you want, or you can select another one, that's your choice, but you must select some parking in GSX in order to have what was formerly named "ParkMe" working in GSX, but of course all the additional GSX services too.