Author Topic: problem with addon manager **SOLVED**  (Read 3782 times)

ashallen

problem with addon manager **SOLVED**
« on: December 26, 2014, 07:20:49 pm »
Hi,

Not sure im posting in the right place,  so apologies if its incorrect  but im having issues with the addon manager when i start fsx. I get a pop up that states "the couatl scripting engine has encountered an unrecoverable error, please download the latest stand alone addon manager". This has only just started to happen and i have never experienced this before. I did download the latest manager but it didn't fix the issue.  Any help would be great.

Kind regards
Ashallen
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:34:56 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: problem with addon manager
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 07:30:59 pm »
I get a pop up that states "the couatl scripting engine has encountered an unrecoverable error, please download the latest stand alone addon manager".

The message doesn't say just that, it also says to check your error details in the Couatl.err file, giving you the path in your system.

What's the content of that file ?

ashallen

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 07:42:04 pm »
I cant open the couatl.err file. I have located it but it wont open.

ashallen

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 08:47:50 am »
hi,
 my couatl.err says the following

couatl v2.0 (build 2374)
panic log started on Sat Dec 27 18:46:31 2014

problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 09:21:30 pm »
problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised

his message has been discussed many times on the forum, and it's caused by ANOTHER executable that is trying to attach to every running executable in your system. These are the known causes of that error message:

- If you have the ATI Tray Tools utility installed, you must disable the "Automatic Overclock" feature.

- If you have the Radeon Pro utility installed, you must disable "API monitoring" or use the setting "disable API monitoring for programs not listed in my profiles list"

- The Lenovo One Key Theater and Power management software

- The Trillian instant messenger.

- The krakensysaudiolauncher.exe from the Razer Kraken headset drivers.

- The Mumble voip software.

If you are sure you are not running any of the above programs, then you might simply using another software that is behaving in a similar (invasive) way as those listed above, that we never heard before. Try to close all your running processes, until you find the offending one.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:49:13 pm by virtuali »

ashallen

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 10:49:07 pm »
Ok great. I just installed the kraken headset i got for Christmas. Should i delete this software?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 11:40:26 pm »
Ok great. I just installed the kraken headset i got for Christmas. Should i delete this software?

I'm not sure if it's really needed. Sometimes, it's not required to entirely shut down the software but simply turn off some options that might have an effect an all your running processes. For example, anything that enables hotkeys to be active in any program, or screen overlays that displays everywhere, etc.

If you can't find any option that looks like that, just kill the process with Task Manager, I think the headset will still work.

ashallen

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 12:25:35 am »
I have tried to disable the software but i still get the issue on start up. I have since deleted the software as i dont really need it and i am happy to report that all is working great. The headset is also working perfectly. 

Thanks your help!