Author Topic: De-Ice and Aerosoft Airbus  (Read 2269 times)

pilot3033

De-Ice and Aerosoft Airbus
« on: December 25, 2014, 08:08:49 pm »
Merry Christmas! I noticed after a few flights in the A319 and A320 that the GSX de-ice trucks seem to confuse some of the Aerosoft systems. A few days ago I used de-ice fluid type 4 and noticed that my right engine would not respond to throttle commands, it either went all the way (an EPR of nearly 1.8!) or idle. Today I tried again with fluid type 2 and can see that the blue hydraulic system is malfunctioning. My running theory is that when GSX sets the ice settings in FSX, it somehow interacts with the airbus systems in a way it doesn't expect.

Of course, the solution here is to simply not use the de-ice trucks, but I figured I'd make a post just to see if I was the only one experiencing this or if something could be modified.

Cheers!
Matt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: De-Ice and Aerosoft Airbus
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 11:27:19 am »
Of course, the solution here is to simply not use the de-ice trucks

The better solution would be asking on Aerosoft support why the use of the standard FSX "Structural De-Ice" command might confuse the Airbus systems.

The issue doesn't have anything to do with GSX, that command is standard from FSX, it's just not assigned to any key by default, but you could have used it by assigning to a free key and have it pressed it. GSX doesn't do anything different, it's just send the event for you to FSX.