Author Topic: Could Hawaiian Airports be causing out of memory errors in P3D?  (Read 4289 times)

Noel

Could Hawaiian Airports be causing out of memory errors in P3D?
« on: December 22, 2014, 07:07:02 pm »
Hello,

It's been awhile since I uninstalled these nice airports because of the then known performance degradation associated w/ them in P3D V2.  I read that this had been addressed in subsequent versions of P3D so decide a few days ago to reinstall them.   I'm using 2.2 at this point.  At roughly the same time I installed Accu-Feel.  Now I'm getting OOMs which I truly never had previously.  I've had the same install of P3D for maybe 8 months or more now w/ no OOMs ever and that included cross country flights.  So it could be either add on at this point in the troubleshooting process.

Have you had this issue, onset of OOMs in P3D since installing the Hawaiian Airports?

Thanks in advance,

Noel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Could Hawaiian Airports be causing out of memory errors in P3D?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »
It's not very clear from your message that you are getting OOM "just" by installing the Hawaii airports, or if you get them ONLY when you GO to one of them.

If you are getting OOMs outside the area of the Hawaiian airports, then it's 100% their installation doesn't have anything to do with the errors because, as explained many times already when OOMs are discussed, all our sceneries do NOT waste ANY memory if you are flying outside their ranges, which usually from 8 to 15 NM outside the airport center.

Since we handle loading of the objects in a custom way, we are not relying on the memory management made by the sim, so you can be sure that all memory needed by the scenery is reclaimed when you exit from its area.

Noel

Re: Could Hawaiian Airports be causing out of memory errors in P3D?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 08:57:15 pm »
It's not very clear from your message that you are getting OOM "just" by installing the Hawaii airports, or if you get them ONLY when you GO to one of them.

If you are getting OOMs outside the area of the Hawaiian airports, then it's 100% their installation doesn't have anything to do with the errors because, as explained many times already when OOMs are discussed, all our sceneries do NOT waste ANY memory if you are flying outside their ranges, which usually from 8 to 15 NM outside the airport center.

Since we handle loading of the objects in a custom way, we are not relying on the memory management made by the sim, so you can be sure that all memory needed by the scenery is reclaimed when you exit from its area.

Thank you for the reply.  Nope, not in the area of the airports when the OOM hit.  Of note, I uninstalled them and made the exact same flight into KRNO from KSAN and arrived w/ ~.9Gb of unused VAS.   I hear what you're saying, so I may try and give them another install and see.   Very bizarre!  Of note, I did uninstall Accu-Feel at the same time just to get out of this issue ASAP, but worth a try to see again if  the Hawaiian Airports aren't involved as you are clearly saying.  I'll report back for you.