Author Topic: FSX crashes with bglmanx.dll V2.9.25 **SOLVED**  (Read 8543 times)

data63

FSX crashes with bglmanx.dll V2.9.25 **SOLVED**
« on: December 22, 2014, 06:20:07 pm »
Hi,

After I reinstalled some FSDT Sceneries getting the newest bglmanx.dll my FSXe crashes every time I start it (sometimes before the start-screen, sometimes in the loading process after the start-screen.

I reverted back to the previous (2.9.24) version which seems to have fixed the problem.

Happy Landings

juergen
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 11:46:23 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX crashes with bglmanx.dll V2.9.25
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:25:57 pm »
You must have mixed up versions somehow, you cannot revert back or updated just by replacing the .dll file, if the .dll file and the associated .dat files are not all from the same version, FSX will surely crash on start.

You cannot get mixed up version by running the installers normally, the only way is to manually replace files, because all installers downloads the very latest version online.

Just run the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager and don't replace files manually. If you are still getting a crash, contact me in private so I can have a look at your system.

data63

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 07:03:31 pm »
I did go back to 2.9.24 reverting the dll and dat files  ;)

however installing the newest version (2.9.25 - standalone or within a scenery installer, I tried both for several times) brought me that crashing FSX.

with 2.9.24 it's running flawless.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 07:37:26 pm »
I did go back to 2.9.24 reverting the dll and dat files

Running the installer with the network disconnected too ?

however installing the newest version (2.9.25 - standalone or within a scenery installer, I tried both for several times) brought me that crashing FSX.

Try to go into the Windows Event Viewer, and see the error details for your FSX.EXE crash, and report back with the details, so we can check what really crashed.

data63

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 08:07:03 pm »
Hi!
I didn't run the Installers "offline" (maybe I'll try that...)

the Event-Viewer just says

--------
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb14
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0xffb800ae
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1474
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d01e03fc1c030c
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\FSX\fsx.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: f4c3e2f6-89f7-11e4-9b68-7824af41c979
---------

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 08:21:37 pm »

That's only useful if you want to "revert" back to an old version, provided you have the installer for that. If you run the installer online, it will always get you the correct files, provided nothing bad happens while downloading, which includes (for example) an antivirus blocking some files and passing others, creating a version mismatch, or the antivirus trying to "heal" the file, corrupting it.

Try to install again the latest Addon Manager and, after the download, check the digital signature of the D:\FSX\bglmanx.dll file. If it's valid, you know you got the right download, if it's not, perhaps the antivirus has corrupted it trying to "heal" it, so you must be sure you have turned it off when downloading and installing.

willultra99

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 09:06:38 pm »
this is happening to me as well.  I downloaded the latest Stand alone add-on manger for GSX.  ever since than I have been getting CTD's.  I downloaded it today.  I uninstalled all FSdreamteam and Flightbeam sceneries and have not had any trouble since.  When I go into details after FSX crashes two files come up C:\user\myaccount\AppData\Local\Wer4157.tmpWERI
                                                                                                                                                         C:\user\myaccount\AppData\Local\WER5832.tmpmdmp

I have no sceneries of FSdreamteam and Flightbeam installed.  Any help would be great.

Thanks,
William Coade

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 09:11:46 pm »
As I've said in my previous message, try to go into the Windows Event Viewer, and see the error details for your FSX.EXE crash, and report back with the details, so we can check what really crashed.

And, check the digital signature of the FSX\bglmanx.dll file. If it's valid, you know you got the right download, if it's not, perhaps the antivirus has corrupted it trying to "heal" it, so you must be sure you have turned it off when downloading and installing.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 10:42:27 pm »
As I've said in my previous message, try to go into the Windows Event Viewer, and see the error details for your FSX.EXE crash, and report back with the details, so we can check what really crashed.

And, check the digital signature of the FSX\bglmanx.dll file. If it's valid, you know you got the right download, if it's not, perhaps the antivirus has corrupted it trying to "heal" it, so you must be sure you have turned it off when downloading and installing.

I just reinstalled KLAS and I'm having the same CTDs. Here's the event view summary but its not showing the faulting module:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xffba00ae
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 10:45:24 pm »
Installed KLAS and I'm having the same CTDs. Here's the event view summary but its not showing the faulting module:

That seems to indicate your crash doesn't have anything to do with any of our modules. If it did, you would have seen a crash in bglmanx.dll or Couatl.exe.

And, as I've said in my previous two replies, check the digital signature of the FSX\bglmanx.dll file.

If it's valid, you know you got the right download, if it's not, perhaps the antivirus has corrupted it trying to "heal" it, so you must be sure you have turned it off when downloading and installing.

sebyh

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 11:57:47 am »
Umberto could the issues reported in this form be linked to the new addon manager update and the "STEAM version message" me and others have been having.

Could some of the above users have installed the update and failed to notice the Steam message?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 12:12:39 pm »
Umberto could the issues reported in this form be linked to the new addon manager update and the "STEAM version message" me and others have been having.

There's a new Addon Manager to support Steam, but the "steam version" message was an installer bug which has been fixed already in the current installer, and can't have anything to do with supposed crashes (which I can't see in any of the logs they are caused by the Addon Manager), because the installation didn't proceed in that case.

Could you please try again reinstalling, checking your bglmanx.dll digital signature file is valid ?

space_coast

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 06:45:08 pm »
After some continous trial and error, I saw the following:

FSX + GoFlight Driver + FSDT Products = bglmanx.dll issue
FSX + GoFlight = works fine
FSX + FSDT = works fine
FSX = as itself, works fine

What do these two models have in common?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 07:17:03 pm »
After some continous trial and error, I saw the following:

FSX + GoFlight Driver + FSDT Products = bglmanx.dll issue
FSX + GoFlight = works fine
FSX + FSDT = works fine
FSX = as itself, works fine

What do these two models have in common?ยก

I've installed the GoFlight software, and there are no problems with it together with any FSDT modules. But since I don't have any GoFlight hardware, I can't possibly know if the conflict appears only if there's a GoFlight hardware connected.

I had a look at their software, and while they install several versions of VC++ runtimes (the most likely cause of potential conflicts), they seem to use only the Visual Studio 2012 version of the runtimes. We use the 2005 version, intentionally, because that's the one used by FSX itself so, in theory, it should be the safest to use when running inside FSX.

data63

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 09:21:35 pm »

That's only useful if you want to "revert" back to an old version, provided you have the installer for that. If you run the installer online, it will always get you the correct files, provided nothing bad happens while downloading, which includes (for example) an antivirus blocking some files and passing others, creating a version mismatch, or the antivirus trying to "heal" the file, corrupting it.

Try to install again the latest Addon Manager and, after the download, check the digital signature of the D:\FSX\bglmanx.dll file. If it's valid, you know you got the right download, if it's not, perhaps the antivirus has corrupted it trying to "heal" it, so you must be sure you have turned it off when downloading and installing.

I finally removed KJFK2 (instead of KIAH) - an reinstalledit with a freshly dowloaded installer - now anything looks ok!

the bglmanx - although same Version indicated - has a different size (digital sig is ok) - maybe AV is teh culprit (I checked the logs - no sign of blocked files)

thanks for all helping

happy landings

juergen