Author Topic: GSX WONT WORK AFTER UPDATE ADD-ON MANAGER **SOLVED**  (Read 6103 times)

Silverarrow

GSX WONT WORK AFTER UPDATE ADD-ON MANAGER **SOLVED**
« on: December 21, 2014, 03:28:33 pm »
I flew EHAM-EKCH with the NGX. I had no visible pushback truck in EHAM - although it did pushback and the guy on the ramp did move.

After I landed in EKCH and arrived on stand I had no visible loaders - the baggage was unlaoding and the baggage cars drove all round.

I restarted FSX and then it said a new version of Addon manager is available I installed it and now nothing works GSX related in FSX.

I only have VirtualColi in the task bar -> add-ons.....
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:39:51 pm by virtuali »

Silverarrow

Re: GSX WONT WORK AFTER UPDATE ADD-ON MANAGER
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 03:29:16 pm »
And I have installed the newest set of airport vehicles....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 12:40:40 pm »
I only have VirtualColi in the task bar -> add-ons.....

As explained many times already on the forum, when the Couatl menu is missing, the most common cause is the antivirus blocking it.

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Silverarrow

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 02:21:00 pm »
Tried the things you mention but it still doesn't work.

I've excluded the files from antivirus software and I've checked the other two options you write about.

When I start FSX it asked if it can run the couatl.dll and add-on manager and I answer YES.

In the FSX Taskabr i only have Vistamare now.

I've checked the internet settings and the FSX Compability settings...

Other ideas/Options?

It worked perfectly untill I updated the vehicles to the November edition followed by the Add-on manager update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 02:24:28 pm »
In the FSX Taskabr i only have Vistamare now.

Either the antivirus is blocking the programs, or you have a problem with your VC++ runtime libraries, see all different solutions in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

Silverarrow

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 03:15:19 pm »
Tried another 2 times now GSX works! Although now FSX crashes every 5-10 minutes, which it didn't before I reinstalled GSX, my system was incredible and surprisingly stable.... This is really frustrating! What could cause this frequent crashes? Again it didn't crash before I did what you mentioned earlier....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 03:19:09 pm »
Tried another 2 times now GSX works! Although now FSX crashes every 5-10 minutes, which it didn't before I reinstalled GSX, my system was incredible and surprisingly stable.... This is really frustrating! What could cause this frequent crashes? Again it didn't crash before I did what you mentioned earlier....

Sorry, but it's not possible that FSX would crash just by installing GSX, since the whole GSX code runs entirely outside FSX, under the Couatl.exe interpreter, and an external executable cannot, by definition, cause a crash in FSX, in the worse case it could crash itself, but this won't affect FSX in any way.

You can use the Windows Event Viewer, found under the Admin Tools section of the Windows Control Panel, check the Application Log, and look for the latest FSX.EXE crash, the error details might give a clue on the cause of the crash.

Silverarrow

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 05:07:34 pm »
I checked the Windows Even Manager and seems to be the FSX.exe...... Well I uninstalled GSX, Add-on Manager and Coutl, restarted and see there FSX works beautifully without crashing. Even managed to do a full flight from start to end.

Now please explain to me how GSX could not have caused the crash, if it crashed with GSX installed and does NOT crash with it removed?

Really frustrating to have a usually great add-on which you have paid for with your hard earned money and are NOT able to use it anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 05:35:16 pm »
I checked the Windows Even Manager and seems to be the FSX.exe......

Of course it's FSX.EXE, that what I said to search for. But I haven't said just that, I also said to check the error details, and see what they say.

Now please explain to me how GSX could not have caused the crash, if it crashed with GSX installed and does NOT crash with it removed?

GSX has NOT caused the crash. As I've said, GSX CANNOT crash FSX. It's possible you have another problem in FSX that is making the *ADDON MANAGER* that is installed with any FSDT product, to crash, so that's entirely unrelated to GSX, and the real cause for the crash might be something else (for example a problem with windows libraries), that's why I told you to check the error details.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 06:10:01 pm »
Im having the same problem, my McAfee has never blocked the installation or files when fsx is in use

It might have blocked them while you were downloading and installing, because even if you excluded the file from scanning in the FSX folder, the antivirus might still block them while they are downloaded and installer, that why we always say to download and install with the antivirus off AND configure files. You must do both.

I installed the addon manager, that worked fine. I then installed GSX, then the menu in game disappeared. I could not then use GSX at all.

Then you have a problem with one version of your VC++ libraries, since we can't possibly anticipate which one might be eventually corrupted/missing on each user system, the two installers downloads slightly different versions of the files, requiring different sub-builds of the VC++ libraries, hopefully not all of them are missing/corrupted on your system.

In this case, since the one you seem to have a problem with is the one that comes with the GSX installer, and you said yourself the one in the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer works fine, then simply install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER everything else.

raznet777

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 08:34:41 pm »
Ah. Working now. I uninstalled the addon manager and GSX. Then reinstalled GSX on its own, and it is now working. Thanks.