Author Topic: I liked the old pushback logic, can I get it back?  (Read 4361 times)

p3dx3

I liked the old pushback logic, can I get it back?
« on: December 20, 2014, 10:52:14 am »
I switch off between GSX and AES depending on the airport. Previously before the De-Ice addition, having Pushback set to none, and checking the disable pushback/marshaller would not bring out the pushback truck, and when I was ready to push back using AES, in the GSX menu I would press "prepare for pushback and departure" and it said "have a good flight." Then I'd select AES and pushback.

Now no matter what, the pushback truck appears, and when I am finished loading and want to push back using AES, I have to press prepare for pushback, then hit cancel, or press reset gsx.

Can I go back to the old logic, where pushback set to none and the checkbox for disable pushback worked the old way?

Thank you by the way for constantly updating this product, it is great. I happen to like the pushback logic at some airports of AES better due to how each pushback routing is programmed by the developer, rather than looking at node links in the afcad file. And when I fly to AES airports the automated docking system. But the service trucks, the cargo unloading, the passengers, of GSX, it's so much better! That is why I mix both addons. Again thank you for the wonderful support and looking forward to the next updates.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:54:36 am by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I liked the old pushback logic, can I get it back?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 11:06:50 am »
I happen to like the pushback logic at some airports of AES better due to how each pushback routing is programmed by the developer, rather than looking at node links in the afcad file. And when I fly to AES airports the automated docking system.

We'll might eventually have another option to disable the GSX Pushback in any case, but we'll obviously not add it just that you could use AES on it, and it would be useful to us, to have some examples of airports/gate you would like to have better Pushback support from GSX, so we can add it ourselves.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 12:10:49 pm »
I happen to like the pushback logic at some airports of AES better due to how each pushback routing is programmed by the developer, rather than looking at node links in the afcad file. And when I fly to AES airports the automated docking system.

We'll might eventually have another option to disable the GSX Pushback in any case, but we'll obviously not add it just that you could use AES on it, and it would be useful to us, to have some examples of airports/gate you would like to have better Pushback support from GSX, so we can add it ourselves.

Thank you. I didn't mean to bring up a competitor, but it is how I use fsx. So an option to disable pushback is useful and appreciated.

I have not flown passenger routes in a while but Aerosoft EHAM comes to mind, certain gates have you pushed back to a spot at an angle to the taxiway.

AES does not support UK2000 EGPK yet, but there is a long pushback from one of the ramp gates, parking 6 or 9 I forget which, where in GSX if i select left or right, it still pushes me back straight due to the long distance and multiple nodes before the main taxiway. I believe also that GSX pushes your nose right to the same spot from the gate you pushed back to, and some airports have you more forward at certain spots.

At KLAX and JFK in real life you are pushed forward to the front of the alley, but GSX only pushes me at the same spot where the parking spot is. Also one little thing with AES over GSX in pushback is it slews the airplane so you dont see the shaking tiller and rudder pedals like that happens at GSX.  A minor inconvenience too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 12:48:35 pm »
I have not flown passenger routes in a while but Aerosoft EHAM comes to mind, certain gates have you pushed back to a spot at an angle to the taxiway.

You mean you would like to have this pushback, or you are indicating it as a problem ? Please be more specific...

AES does not support UK2000 EGPK yet, but there is a long pushback from one of the ramp gates, parking 6 or 9 I forget which, where in GSX if i select left or right, it still pushes me back straight due to the long distance and multiple nodes before the main taxiway.

I'll check this.

I believe also that GSX pushes your nose right to the same spot from the gate you pushed back to, and some airports have you more forward at certain spots.

GSX selects nodes depending on the airport AFCAD available ones, it's not a single strategy that it's the same everywhere.

At KLAX and JFK in real life you are pushed forward to the front of the alley, but GSX only pushes me at the same spot where the parking spot is.

No, it doesn't. Please indicate a precise example of a problem, and how you would like to be in these cases, because all FSDT sceneries should be fully customized. We covered all the problematic spots already, but might have missed one.

Again, please always indicate a precise example of a problem, an airport and a gate, and don't assume that GSX "does that", because every thing it does can be changed for each airport and each gate.

Also one little thing with AES over GSX in pushback is it slews the airplane so you dont see the shaking tiller and rudder pedals like that happens at GSX.  A minor inconvenience too.

If you are referring to the issue discussed here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451673-gsx-push-back-tug-vs-pmdg-777-nose-wheel/?p=3079091

I found to be more distracting having the airplane stuck in slew mode while pushing, so your wheels will be frozen. The REAL LIFE solution would be that PMDG would add some kind of "bypass-pin" simulation, that could detect being pushed back by GSX, something that is ALREADY possible to do, and it's up to airplane developers to add it, and that would be the absolutely most realistic option, that would give some meaning to the bypass-pin.

I already sent a proposal to PMDG by email, but got no reply so far. In the worse case, we might just cheat (not putting the airplane in Slew mode), and turn hydraulic power off while pushing the 777.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 12:48:21 am »
In LAX, the ICC, airplanes are pushed from their parking to the front of the Imperial cargo ramp. At JFK the FedEx/Air France ramp airplanes are pushed to Charlie Alpha or Charlie Bravo taxiway.

At EHAM the airplanes are pushed back to specific spots. It would be great to have GSX program this in for the Aerosoft scenery.

At UK2k EGPK it is parking 6, and the airplane should push back facing west or east on taxiway R

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 12:45:20 pm »
In LAX, the ICC, airplanes are pushed from their parking to the front of the Imperial cargo ramp. At JFK the FedEx/Air France ramp airplanes are pushed to Charlie Alpha or Charlie Bravo taxiway.

Do you mean "in reality" they are pushed to these places, and you would like to have it in GSX too ?

At EHAM the airplanes are pushed back to specific spots. It would be great to have GSX program this in for the Aerosoft scenery.

Which specific spots ?

At UK2k EGPK it is parking 6, and the airplane should push back facing west or east on taxiway R

Finally a precise request...we'll look into it.

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 01:29:13 am »
Yes in reality they are pushed back to the front of the alley in ICC at LAX and CA or CB at JFK.