Author Topic: virtuali addon manager FSX Steam update  (Read 14352 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: virtuali addon manager FSX Steam update
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 05:37:05 pm »
Copied it into the Downloads folder, ran it as admin and it's still looking for steam. Explain that.

You don't have the latest installer. Download it again, and be sure it's the current version ( 1.9.0.4 )

sebyh

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 12:19:31 pm »

You don't have the latest installer. Download it again, and be sure it's the current version ( 1.9.0.4 )
[/quote]

Hello Umberto, Version 1.9.0.4 you mention is it for Vancouver scenery?

I am still having the Steam message after trying all your suggestions.
1) Digital signature of the last downloaded Addon Manager I have is 22 December 2014 23:24:17
2) I launch the installer message comes up "Sim .EXE version is 10.0.61637.0 - This product requires FSX Steam Edition to be installed" I press okay.
3) New messsage comes up "The installation will go to FSX located at E:\FSX" This is where I have my FSX installed on a separate drive E:\FSX. I do not have FSX STEAM. I press OKAY
4) New installer message "This will install VIRTUALI Addon ManagerX version 2.9.0.25 on your computer......." I have the option to click on NEXT or CANCEL.

Umberto as the installer is correctly finding my FSX install can I go ahead and install this update or not?

Lastly has anyone installed the update and ignored the Steam message? Is your FSX okay?

Cheers
Sebastian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 12:25:56 pm »
Hello Umberto, Version 1.9.0.4 you mention is it for Vancouver scenery?

No, that would be GSX, sorry.

I am still having the Steam message after trying all your suggestions.

That's not possible, you must have some kind of registry keys mismatch in your system.

2) I launch the installer message comes up "Sim .EXE version is 10.0.61637.0 - This product requires FSX Steam Edition to be installed" I press okay.

It *seems* you HAVE the registry keys for the Steam version, they point to the FSX location and, since there's a regular FSX.EXE, the installer is telling you can't install there in "Steam mode"

Umberto as the installer is correctly finding my FSX install can I go ahead and install this update or not?

I'd say you can go ahead and proceed, because even if the installer found the Steam keys in the registry, it's not trying to install in Steam mode (because there's an standard FSX.EXE there), but in FSX mode.

sebyh

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 12:36:52 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Super fast reply thank you.

I think we are almost there.

If Install it whats the worst that can happen? Is there any files I should back up first?

Seb

pcubine

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 01:19:06 pm »

Lastly has anyone installed the update and ignored the Steam message? Is your FSX okay?

Cheers
Sebastian

Sebastian

I keep getting Version 2.9.0.25 which I believe is for steam as recent as 15 minutes ago from this site http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html.

Yesterday I installed 2.9.0.25 by clicking OK rather than cancelling the message and not doing the install. It installed with no error message. I flew into KLAX and didn't see any problems Heading to KJFK now. If I have a problem I will let you know.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

sebyh

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 01:33:32 pm »

Cheers
Sebastian

Sebastian

I keep getting Version 2.9.0.25 which I believe is for steam as recent as 15 minutes ago from this site http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html.

Yesterday I installed 2.9.0.25 by clicking OK rather than cancelling the message and not doing the install. It installed with no error message. I flew into KLAX and didn't see any problems Heading to KJFK now. If I have a problem I will let you know.

Michael Cubine

Thanks Michael,

I look forward to hearing JFK okay too.

I am being overly cautious.

Cheers
sebastian

sebyh

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 08:10:16 pm »
I installed the update and tried Vancouver and its there in all its glory.

Thank you Umberto and Michael. ;D

Merry Christmas
Seb

pcubine

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 09:29:13 pm »
I installed the update and tried Vancouver and its there in all its glory.

Thank you Umberto and Michael. ;D

Merry Christmas
Seb

Sebastian

No problems with KJFK. 4R, taxiway C, and cargo area north of 31R were fine. It was almost dark and raining hard. That's all I could see.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

mindless74

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 04:58:16 pm »
Thanks for your fast answer, thought I am already in beta because of the update regarding the Steam beta:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11842.0

Will download and provide feedback.
Patrick