Author Topic: Installation  (Read 17672 times)

victorfcl

Installation
« on: October 05, 2008, 11:04:43 pm »
Hi,

I just downloaded the kennedy airport for fs9 version and I have the fs9 without the update the problem here is that I installed the 9.1 update but I have some payware add-ons and I still treceive the message from the installer saying " This product requires the Fs9.1 updated to be installed" please any suggestions on how to solve this are welcome,

regards,

Victor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 10:33:38 am »
Can you please check the FS9.EXE version number ?

Right click on the FS9.EXE file, select "Properties", then "Details", and check the release number.

Court Line Flyer

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:35:42 pm »
Hi,

I also have this problem with the JFK file downloaded yesterday, running FS9.exe version 9.0.0.30612

Thanks

Court Line Flyer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 09:38:07 pm »
I also have this problem with the JFK file downloaded yesterday, running FS9.exe version 9.0.0.30612

That's not a problem, it's normal: look at your release version, you still have FS9.0, since the scenery wouldn't run without the 9.1 update, the installer will not proceed if you don't update FS9 first.

The release number for FS9.1 it's 9.1.0.40910

victorfcl

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 01:01:54 am »
hi

where can i get the update fs9.1 because I downloaded it from the microsoft site but it did not work the version still is 9.0.030612 one more thing should I have to remove all my add-ons and reinstall fs2004 with the update to the 9.1 takes effect

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 01:23:07 am »
where can i get the update fs9.1 because I downloaded it from the microsoft site but it did not work the version still is 9.0.030612

You need to be sure the patch you download is the correct one for the language FS9 is in.

Also, if you have applied a nocd patch to FS9.EXE, it might be the MS installer couldn't update it. In this case, you would create a big mess, with the EXE from 9.0, and all the rest of the .DLLs from 9.1

one more thing should I have to remove all my add-ons and reinstall fs2004 with the update to the 9.1 takes effect

Of course not.

victorfcl

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 04:59:13 pm »
hi

I installed the fs9.1 update first I save the file inside the main directory of fs2004 then pressed the executable file after that when I go to the help menu inside the fs2004 it said fs9.1 but the fs9.exe properties still says 9.0.0.30612

Please what can I do to solve this because I follwed all the steps to install the update and nothing or you guys have an another way to do if that is so please could you let me know how is your way to do it,

regards

Victor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 06:02:59 pm »
I installed the fs9.1 update first I save the file inside the main directory of fs2004 then pressed the executable file after that when I go to the help menu inside the fs2004 it said fs9.1 but the fs9.exe properties still says 9.0.0.30612

The 9.1 update is NOT made by just an EXE. It's composed by a long series of DLLs and the main EXE. So, the code that tells you the version when you select the "About" option, is coming from a DLL which HAS probably successfully updated to 9.1 but, your main FS9.EXE hasn't. This means, you are in a dangerous situation because you are running all the DLL set of 9.1, but the the 9.0 EXE.

Please what can I do to solve this because I follwed all the steps to install the update and nothing or you guys have an another way to do if that is so please could you let me know how is your way to do it,

This can usually happen for one reason: you MODIFED your FS9.EXE *before* updating it. Patcher programs expect to find EXACTLY the same original file they are programmed to patch. If the original file has been changed, even just a single byte, the file will not be patched.

So, the most probable causes are that you either used a nocd patch on FS9.EXE OR you patched it to use >2GB. In both case, is very likely that applying the FS9.1 update over a modifed executable will fail.

You should probably need to restore the original FS9.EXE from you installation CD, use an archiver that can open .CAB files (like Winrar) to look into the .CAB files on the CD, then extract the original FS9.EXE and copy it to your FS9 folder.

Then, try to apply the 9.1 update again, and check the file properties again.

wody

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 04:23:10 pm »
Hi,

I also have problems with my installation. I have the same problem as Victor (Thread starter).
I was (and I still am) convinced I have FS9.1 installed. I also did never apply a No-cd or any other "patch" to my installation, but properties of the FS9.exe showed 9.0.0.xxxx which was very surprising for me.

I then applied the fs91upd.exe and got the message FS9.1 is already installed and therefore the update was canceled. Then I tried again to install KJFK with the same result (... needs FS9.1....).

Now I wanted to make tabula rasa. I deleted the FS9.exe and the fs91upd.exe, extracted the original FS9.exe from Disk1\Games, downloaded the fs91upd.exe from Microsoft HP. Then I ran CCleaner for the registry and all temp files, then applied the 9.1 update to the fresh FS9.exe and ....... got again the message FS9.1 is already applied. Weird!

There must be another check for the 9.1 updater, probably it looks in the dll files. They are off course definitely 9.1, since I did the 9.1 update months/year ago.

Does anybody know how to succeed?
Is it possible to uninstall FS9 and then reinstall again without loosing all the modifications done (sceneries, aircrafts ....)???

Any help is appreciated!

Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 04:29:18 pm »
There must be another check for the 9.1 updater, probably it looks in the dll files. They are off course definitely 9.1, since I did the 9.1 update months/year ago.

Yes, of course. The Microsoft patched probably doesn't look just the FS9.EXE, but DLL as well.

You could probably make it work by restoring all the original FS9.0 DLLs from the CD, just like you did for the FS9.EXE. These are all found in the \MODULES folder.

wody

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 04:51:29 pm »
Thanks,
I will try that and report back.

Peter

wody

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 05:14:02 pm »
Hi Umberto,

no change, still not able to update to 9.1. I extracted all dll files in FS9 root directory and also in the modules dir. I think I have to go the hard way and uninstall/reinstall FS9.

Is there anything I could check in the registry? I know there is a file in the net to repair the FS9 relevant entries in the registry. But I don't find this small programm. Do you know this?

Thanks for any help.

Peter

johanfrc

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 09:49:31 pm »
Do you have a folder in your FS9-folder that is named BACKUP? If you have the folder, you have to remove it before you can install he update again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 10:13:37 pm »
Is there anything I could check in the registry? I know there is a file in the net to repair the FS9 relevant entries in the registry. But I don't find this small programm. Do you know this?

This wouldn't solve this issue. The registry just holds informations like the current path or the CD letter in case of a partial install. The utility you mentioned is only useful if the path information is missing or wrong like, for example, when moving the FS9 folder to a different drive so, fixing the registry will allow addons installer to find the FS9 folder. There's nothing in the registry about the 9.1 patch, I'm afraid.

wody

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 11:12:56 pm »
Hello johanfrc,

You are the man!!!

It worked with removing the Backup folder. Is this something everybody knows? I never heard about this.
Anyway I am happy. Now I can buy KJFK.

Thanks again  :D

Peter