Author Topic: Editing the AFCAD isn't possible  (Read 23386 times)

topdax

Editing the AFCAD isn't possible
« on: December 15, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »
Hi,

I bought JFK V1 yesterday and I also use WOAI and selfmade AI-Traffic. To improve the traffic-flow I decided, with the help of the tool "ADE/Airport Design Editor", to allow takeoff's only on the runways 04L/22R and landings only on 04R and 22L. With the two other parallel runways I made the same. What worked perfectly over the last years on many different add-on's ends now in a small disaster:

When I enter into the FS and start my flight, all seem to be correct: The scenery looks nice and all aircrafts park correctly. But a few minutes later it's obviously, that something doesn't fit. Aicrafts which should depart, disappear and Incoming airplanes land everywhere in the surrounding...

The mistake must be in the way, how the AFCAD was made. Is there any possibility to edit the AFCAD. Or even better: Is there any AFCAD available, which uses one runway for landings and the other, parallel runway for takeoffs, as I described on the top of my topic? Or an AFCAD with active "crosswind"-Runways? I saw one, here in the forum, but that one is for FSX only. Is there also a FS9-version available?

Thank you very much for your solutions and responses!

Best regards
Felix

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Editing the AFCAD isn't possible
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:27:17 pm »
The mistake must be in the way, how the AFCAD was made.

The AFCAD supplied with the scenery it's just fine, it's a 100% standard AFCAD made with standard BGLCOMP from the official SDK, and there's no reason why it cannot be edited.

an AFCAD with active "crosswind"-Runways? I saw one, here in the forum, but that one is for FSX only. Is there also a FS9-version available?

There isn't one, because not many asked for it (not many are still using FS9...). Find attached crosswind runways version I made up in 5 minutes, taking from the FSX version. I haven't tested it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:28:54 pm by virtuali »

topdax

Re: Editing the AFCAD isn't possible
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 03:50:37 pm »
You haven't testes it??? But I did it ;)

Stunning... Great job! It works fine! Thanks a lot! Now the AI-Traffic runs very smooth! I really don't know, what went wrong, when I edited the AFCAD. I have edited AFCAD's for many years and all worked finde... But that shouldn't matter no more - with your fast support!

Best regards
Felix