Author Topic: New Install, FSX Crashes  (Read 3887 times)

Dawsonj25

New Install, FSX Crashes
« on: December 13, 2014, 06:12:36 am »
Hello,

I have had GSX since it's release and always had the addon manager since. Tonight, using the addon manager, I purchased the KFLL scenery. I closed FSX, downloaded and installed the scenery. Then, when I launched FSX, as the administrator of course, I was prompted if I would like to run the addon manager as well as the couatl program. I selected yes to both. Suddenly FSX crashed to my desktop without any error. The FSX loading box will appear, and then disappear straight to my desktop. I do not have any antivirus software installed. I uninstalled both KFLL and GSX including the addon manager. Ran FSX and it loaded successfully. I reinstalled the KFLL scenery, and FSX successfully loaded again. I reinstalled GSX including the addon manager, I was again prompted if I wanted to run those programs (addon manager and couatl), I selected yes, and FSX crashes. What am I doing wrong? Any advice?

I just flew in and out of KFLL this past week and I NEED this scenery!

Thanks so much!

Regards,

John.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Install, FSX Crashes
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 12:00:34 pm »
This has been discussed so many times already. This is the ONE and ONLY solution to it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

The problem is NOT caused by the the Addon Manager, it's caused by something ELSE, and if you follow the above thread and do the one and only thing that works discussed there, I will show you what REALLY caused it.