Author Topic: Strange Trees  (Read 9078 times)

rdg43

Strange Trees
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:29:17 am »
Hi,

I have a problem where the trees around the airport are still in summer colours and flickering white. At the base, the textures are just grey and I'm thinking there should be leaves there. See attachment.

All the other trees outside of the airport are ok, in fall colours.
Thanks for the help,
Ron

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brian S

Re: Strange Trees
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 01:28:09 am »
I have the same problem.  Nvidia 8800 GTX video card.  When the season turned to fall, the trees flicker badly. 

Brian S.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 01:53:48 am »
Can you please check if it happens at a specific date, or just in Fall regardless of the day ? Because I can't reproduce this, tried 3-4 random day in Fall, and the trees are just fine.

Razgriz

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 02:03:42 am »
Can you please check if it happens at a specific date, or just in Fall regardless of the day ? Because I can't reproduce this, tried 3-4 random day in Fall, and the trees are just fine.

He said it was summer when they flickered.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 02:10:09 am »
He said it was summer when they flickered.

No, the first user said that the trees "are still in summer colors" and flickered, not that *he* was in summer. So, I presume he's in Fall. The 2nd user said they flicker in Fall, so that's consistent.

Anyway, of course I've check both summer and fall, and there's no flicker at all, nor there are any double trees. That's why I've asked if it happens at a specific date or not.

rdg43

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 06:36:25 pm »
Virtuali, it doesn't matter what date it is. It was a recent date a few days ago that I experienced this if you want to try replication. It appears to me to be a seasonal issue as the tress that come with the scenery are not changing to fall colours. The trees from a distant seem to flicker alot...the only way I can describe this is it looks like there are a thousand christmas  lights flickering. When I zoom in, this isn't as apparent.

Just to clarify, all my foilage outside the scenery are displaying fall colours correctly. I'm also using an Nvidia 8800GTX as the other user stated if that helps any.

Thanks for the help,

Ron
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 06:41:27 pm by rdg43 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 07:44:50 pm »
Just to clarify, all my foilage outside the scenery are displaying fall colours correctly. I'm also using an Nvidia 8800GTX as the other user stated if that helps any.

I use a 8800GTX too, but still can't reproduce the problem, the seasonal textures switch just fine, and I don't see doubled trees (half summer, half winter), like in the screenshot that was posted.

Are you using some kind of alternate vegetation texture set ?

rdg43

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 08:39:58 pm »
No, I'm not using any other vegetation texture add-on unless you concider UTX USA to be one? I'm also using scenerytechs land class along with FS Genisis terrain mesh.

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing? And also, which video driver are you using?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 09:03:31 pm »
Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing? And also, which video driver are you using?

Here's, from roughly the same spot, in Fall. I'm using driver 177.98, under Vista 32.

rdg43

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 05:01:11 am »
mmm...your trees definetly look fuller...strange. I guess I thought the fall colours would be more prominent as the surrounding land is. If thats fall, then i guess i have fall.

It's just the partial flickering coverage that I'm getting thats different from yours...like it's turning into winter a bit early.

I'm using driver 175.16 with XP Pro 32 Bit.

JamesChams

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 05:24:49 am »
Virtuali,

I use (x2) GeForce 8800GTX OC WCE in SLI on Vista-64 with driver v178.13 and FSX; I get the same issues;
KJFK Flickering Trees in FSX.

Click to see Video(s): KJFK Flickering Trees in FSX (Also See attached:  fsx 2008-10-13 22-22-21-36.jpg)

Other Surrounding Trees NOT Flickering

Here are the date/time issues (KJFK_ERROR_TREES.jpg)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 05:46:51 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams