Author Topic: New product coming soon: XPOI  (Read 42926 times)

JamesChams

Re: New product coming soon: XPOI
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 10:19:37 pm »
Virtuali,

Gratci!  :D

Grazie!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:18:59 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 12:02:52 am »
All off-topic messages has been removed. This was supposed to be a product announcement for XPOI, not another YAPD (yet another pointless discussion) of FSX vs FS9...

Yes, and I was one of the culprits...my sincere apologies Umberto for participating in the hijack....

Congratulations on XPOI...I'm looking forward to having it....

Dillon

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 12:11:09 am »
All off-topic messages has been removed. This was supposed to be a product announcement for XPOI, not another YAPD (yet another pointless discussion) of FSX vs FS9...

Yes, and I was one of the culprits...my sincere apologies Umberto for participating in the hijack....

Congratulations on XPOI...I'm looking forward to having it....

Umberto you've already read my comments on the matter before the other posts were deleted.  I too apologized for the turn the thread was taking in which I was apart of.  With that said, keep up the good work exploiting all the new features FSX has to offer.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:13:13 pm by Dillon »

Taubin

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 09:40:31 am »
Awesome, I can't wait to give this a shot!!!

_Dre_

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 10:29:27 am »
Out of curiosity; can this product or a version of it be used to help with taxiing at large or unfamiliar airports? For eg. Is it possible to have the Coatl engine "listen in" on ATC's taxi instructions to you and give subtle or extremely obvious (user's choice) indications on the route you are assigned (something like a subtle arrow appearing just before the intersection you are supposed to turn, basically replacing the intrusive default arrows that appear on the ground when you request progressive taxi). Or if the engine is even more capable, have not just visual cues but audible as well; as if it's your co-pilot saying "next intersection turn right".

I'm just curious because simconnect interacts with the Simulator, but I don't know if it can interact with the ATC as well.

By the way, I love what XPOI does. If I used FSX I would definately get it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:31:54 am by _Dre_ »
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

Razgriz

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 05:34:18 am »
Turn by turn directions, or maybe you have an option to display all of the gates at an airport would be VERY COOL!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 08:25:22 am »
XPOI will do exactly what has been listed in the announcement.

Plus, there will be other features which were added in the meantime:

- POI search engine. Search every POI in the World by name

- Autopilot lock on the selected POI. When this mode is selected, the program will keep the Heading locked on a POI that has been selected with the search engine.

- Warp to a POI. Immediately Go to to a searched POI.

XPOI, as the name suggest, will only cover Points of Interest. However, this shouldn't be confused by what the Couatl Python engine can do. XPOI it's just an application, like ParkMe and YouControl in JFK are. So, we might have future products that will do something like you suggested. Basically, everything that means interaction with an airport.

FSXForever

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 06:30:39 pm »
Released!