We are keep getting emails by users asking for reactivation codes, usually because of a system update or an hard drive crash. When we check the customer's order, most of them only used 1 activation or 2, at the most.
As explained on the FAQ and on the product's manuals, you have 6 ACTIVATIONS available! The first activation is used when purchasing the product. Subsequent activations are used when changing major hardware components. Just Uninstalling/Reinstalling on the same hardware DOES NOT count as an activation.The only time you'll ever need to contact us, is when you are in one of these two situations:
- You consumed ALL your 6 Activations, and your last activation was obtained less than 90 days before. If this is the case, the program will give you a warning message.
- You used the Server-Assisted Reinstall
( "Buy" option, then press the ALT key ) more than 3 times. The Server-Assisted Reinstall
is used as a backup if you HAVEN'T created a backup .REG file. Note: the only need for the .REG file, is to store your serial number and let you insert it easily without risking mistyping it. In the latest versions of the Addon Manager (those with PayPal support), you don't even need a .REG file, because you can directly type your Serial Number, using the "Register Serial" option.In case of an hard drive crash, for example, the best procedure is:
- Install the Trial for the product you bought.
- If you have a .REG file, double click on it, insert the information in the registry, then launch FS: it will ask if you want to activate, reply "Yes" ( you need to have an Internet connection active, otherwise the off-line procedure will start)
- If you don't have a .REG file, look for your email receipt, and check your Serial Number. Use the "Register Serial" option to put it into the registry, then proceed with Activation as above. Is suggested you put FS (especially FS9) in Windowed Mode, before selecting this option.
- As an alternative, if you don't want to type your serial, you can use the Server-Assisted Reinstall
. You will need your Order N. (STxxxxxxx) and the email you used for the purchase. Note: you can only use THIS Server-Assisted Reinstall
3 times, after that you need to contact us to reset your Reinstall counter. THAT'S why we suggest using this option as the last resort. With the other two options ( use of the .REG file or direct entry of the serial) this limitation doesn't count.
In both cases, you will need your email receipt, to retrieve either your Serial Number or your Order Number.If you lost your email receipt, there's a backup for this:
- go to Esellerate support site here: http://store.esellerate.net/support
and type your email, then press "E-mail Order History", you will get another copy of all your Esellerate purchases made with that email address. If you changed your email and the email you used for purchase is not valid anymore, you need to contact us, so we can update your records.
If you have consumed all your 6 activations AND you got the last one less than 90 days earlier, THEN you need to contact us, so we can manually give you a new activation.UPDATE 22-Nov-2009
Starting from the Addon Manager 184.108.40.206 (FSX) or 220.127.116.11 (FS9), we changed the Reinstall method, making it easier to use and less confusing. The modifications are as follows:
- The "Reinstall" button will not launch the server-assisted Reinstall
anymore. Instead, it will first ask if you have your purchase receipt available.
If you reply "Yes", it will simply ask your Serial Number and activate it.
If you reply "No" (in case you lost your receipt), it will automatically open your browser to the Esellerate support page, that have options to retrieve your original purchase receipt, that contains your Serial Number.
- The "Register Serial" button does exactly the same thing, but it will go straight to the Serial Number entry without making any questions so, it will be faster if you know you have your Serial Number at hand.
If you really want to use the server-assisted Reinstall
, the one that asks your Order Number and your Email, it's not gone: you can still launch it, by selecting "Buy" for the scenery you need to reinstall and then, when the first Esellerate screen comes, if you press the ALT key on the keyboard, the "Start" button will turn into "Reinstall", allowing to select the server-assisted Reinstall
, if you really want to use that one, that has the limitation of being usable only 3 times, regardless if you change hardware or not and regardless how many activation you still have left. So, there's really no reason why you would prefer to use this, rather than simply inserting your Serial Number.
- The Reinstall procedure is now the same for FSDT and Cloud9 products. Previously, Cloud9 products didn't had the option to directly type the Serial Number so, Cloud9 users had to either remember to save a .REG file from a previously active installation, or to use the server-assisted Reinstall
. Now, there's no difference anymore, both products are reinstalled in the same way.
- When you successfully activate a product, either the first time (when buying) or as a reinstall on a different hardware, a .REG file will be automatically created for you in your HOME folder. The HOME folder is the one that has the same name as your login user name. This should lessen the chance you lose the .REG file, that was previously saved in the Flight Sim folder so, if you removed Flight sim entirely, you would lose it. The HOME folder should be a safer place, that you hopefully backup, when reinstalling a PC from scratch or move to a new one.
To get the updated version of the Addon Manager, do ONE of the following:
- Reinstall any scenery from FSDT or any Cloud9 scenery with an update FSDT installation: this will get the updated files automatically.
- If you don't want to reinstall a scenery, install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager (available on each product Info page).