Author Topic: bglmanx.dll fsx problem **SOLVED**  (Read 15068 times)

ferrariman15

bglmanx.dll fsx problem **SOLVED**
« on: November 28, 2014, 06:28:20 pm »
Whenever I start FSX I get this error popup saying FSX had detected a problem with bglmanx.dll

If I select "No" I get no addon manager in the addons menu and no buildings at the airport, just jetways.

If I select "Yes" FSX crashes and in the event logs the fault module is MSVCR80.dll

Any help with this please.

Many Thanks
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:39:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx.dll fsx problem
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 06:33:14 pm »
If I select "Yes" FSX crashes and in the event logs the fault module is MSVCR80.dll

That seems to indicate your MS Visual Studio runtimes are missing/corrupted. Try to follow ALL the suggestions found in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7254.0.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:27:50 pm by virtuali »

ferrariman15

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 07:20:02 pm »
Sorry, which thread are you referring to?

Edit:

Solved the start up issue so no longer getting the popup but still only seeing the jetways.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:37:56 pm by ferrariman15 »

ferrariman15

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 07:47:09 pm »
Ok so Ive installed KLAS into FSX and have the Addon Manager in the Addons menu.

In the Scenery Library the KLAS scenery in definitely added but the addon manager is saying that the scenery is active but not added to the scenery library even though it is.

And as you can see I have only got jetways visible.

Any Ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 08:01:01 pm »
Ok so Ive installed KLAS into FSX and have the Addon Manager in the Addons menu.

This has been discussed many times already on the forum: you need BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl menus visible. Try this:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall the scenery

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

ferrariman15

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 03:48:59 am »
Ok carried out all your instructions to the letter! I have both Couatl and Addon Manager in the addons menu as you can see in the attached image.

In the Addon Manager the scenery is still saying active but not in scenery library even though it is in the scenery library.

I don't know if this makes any difference but I have these sceneries installed into P3D V2 which is on the same SSD Hard drive.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 10:21:03 am »
In the Addon Manager the scenery is still saying active but not in scenery library even though it is in the scenery library.

If you have both menus, then everything related to FSDT IS WORKING. If the Addon Manager says there's no scenery in the Scenery Library, the only possible reasons are:

1) You haven't installed the scenery

OR

2) You are using the P3D Migration Tool, which should NOT be used when you use something that recognizes P3D, like all our products, because that one is tricking the sim to appear as if it was FSX, and that wouldn't work with our software, that needs to KNOW if it's running under P3D.

In this case, disable the P3D Migration Tool, and reinstall the scenery.

ferrariman15

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 05:44:23 pm »
I haven't used the migration tool in a while and deleted all remnants of it after I was having issues.

Ive noticed something on the the Addon manager with FSX though. If you look at it even though Ive installed the scenery exactly as you said by disabling my anti virus software and excluding it etc, when I have installed the scenery and addon manager into FSX, and you go into the Addon manager within the addons menu it says "Prepar3D Tweaks - applied globally for all Prepar3D V2 sceneries". Why would it say that when I have selected it to be installed into FSX and its running in FSX? I definitely said "No" to installing it in Prepar3D and it came up with a popup stating the scenery would be installed into FSX yet its trying to put in tweaks for P3D V2?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 10:16:19 pm »
Why would it say that when I have selected it to be installed into FSX and its running in FSX? I definitely said "No" to installing it in Prepar3D and it came up with a popup stating the scenery would be installed into FSX yet its trying to put in tweaks for P3D V2?

Have you set the Windows environment variable AddonManagerForcedVersion, which is a workaround that could be used to counteract the issue caused by  the P3D Migration tool ? That would force the Addon Manager to believe it's running under P3D.

ferrariman15

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 10:40:48 pm »
No I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about. Could you explain what I need to do to? I stopped using the Migration Tool after it started crashing my system as soon as you opened the program.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 11:14:14 pm »
No I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about. Could you explain what I need to do to? I stopped using the Migration Tool after it started crashing my system as soon as you opened the program.

Check your Windows environment variables, and see if you have set this one:

AddonManagerForcedVersion

If you find it, REMOVE IT.

If you don't know how to check Windows environment variables, look here:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

If you can't find that variable, it means it's not that, but it's still a relic of when you HAD the Migration Tool installed, that it left the registry corrupted. To fix this, you can try to:

- Reinstall the Migration Tool
- DISABLED IT
- Uninstall it

ferrariman15

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 05:36:06 pm »
SOLVED!

Thank you so much Virtuali, that really is fantastic support you guys at FsDreamTeam give.

I had a "AddonManagerForcedVersion" entry in the Windows Environment variables which was obviously a remnant from the Migration Tool (never using that again!)

Deleted said entry as you said and hey presto the scenery is looking awesome.

Now off to purchase your Geneva scenery.

Thanks so much its honestly appreciated and shows you do care about when your customers have issues.