Author Topic: problem with Addon Manager  (Read 16651 times)

Kjelle

problem with Addon Manager
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:40:35 pm »
Hello.

I installed today  the latest Addon Manager update and after that FSX closed on. Whats wrong?

Kjelle

hwmertens

Re: problem with Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 06:04:52 pm »
You are not alone Mate. I have lost this morning a very stable GSX v1.8.9.x by updating to GSX v1.9.
Maybe it it OS dependend. The former GSX was running under Windows XP SP3 with FSX SP2.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:06:40 pm by hwmertens »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 06:46:09 pm »
If FSX is QUITTING to the desktop without any errors (so it's not a crash), you are probably having the same problem discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

hwmertens

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:18:50 pm »
If FSX is QUITTING to the desktop without any errors (so it's not a crash), you are probably having the same problem discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html
But with this we started this afternoon our Teamviewer session and found nothing. Just after working alone (with teamviewer connectable) everything went bad again.
After de-installing GSX v1.9 I see a running FSX SP2 on my desktop now for hours. But a pity w/o GSX avbl. :-((

Rustydog

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 09:38:55 pm »
Same problem here. Fsx gets to the cockpit then freezes for around 15 seconds and then we are back to desktop. Tried uninstalling, cleaning registry, rebooting, reinstalling and still the same. Runs fine without GSX. I have fs passengers and full fsuipc.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

Rustydog

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 10:23:07 pm »
Still trying.....
If I start fsx and change aircraft from my normal/last choice before starting a flight then fsx will run. But if I try to change aircraft again after starting flight then back to desktop. If I try to change time of day after starting flight then back to desktop. Very unstable.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 10:54:39 pm »
If I start fsx and change aircraft from my normal/last choice before starting a flight then fsx will run. But if I try to change aircraft again after starting flight then back to desktop. If I try to change time of day after starting flight then back to desktop. Very unstable.

Doesn't happen here. I just started a flight, and changed all the airplanes one by one, and of course no problems whatsoever. Again, as explained many times already, GSX by itself CANNOT cause an FSX crash, because it's run externally under the Couatl.exe interpreter so, in the worse case you will just lose the Couatl menu and GSX functions, but FSX cannot crash because of this.

If you have FSX crashing while flying, whatever is causing it, it's not GSX.

If you have FSX QUITTING silently AT START, that's the issue that I'm asking to check with Teamviewer.

If you don't have a crash anymore by uninstalling GSX, it might be a new conflict with another add-on and the Addon Manager, although the Addon Manager HAS NOT been updated with this GSX release so, if you had it working with previous GSX, you ALREADY had it, so it cannot be the Addon Manager either, which is the only program that can technically cause an FSX crash (again, Couatl/GSX CANNOT).

Please, provide a 100% replication steps, clearly indicating what you did, and ALL 3rd party products you used/selected, and in which order.

Dazza74

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 01:26:35 am »
Since the update to the latest version that was recently released , Couatle is no longer visible in the addon's menu. I have uninstalled the program, then reinstalled with anti virus off then on also selected run as administrator and then off with out any success a few times now. GSX has always been stable for me until now. I am not getting any crashes to FSX but cannot get Couatle restarted after this latest update. I am running window 8.1 professional.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 01:30:29 am »
Since the update to the latest version that was recently released , Couatle is no longer visible in the addon's menu.

It's not entirely clear from your message, if the Couatl menu disappears while FSX is running, or it doesn't even start. If it doesn't even start, the most likely cause is the antivirus blocking it.

As explained, many times already, it's NOT enough to just install with the antivirus off, you MUST also configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXfolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXfolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe

cessnaman

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 02:27:22 am »
Same problem here also. since update can't get into fsx.
TeamView info pm sent. waiting on reply.
Hope tat fixes it.

UPDATE: I somehow got FSX to load, but after a few seconds it crashes to desktop with no error message so I also agree, a fix is needed.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 04:38:39 am by cessnaman »

Dazza74

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 03:47:19 am »
Since the update to the latest version that was recently released , Couatle is no longer visible in the addon's menu.

It's not entirely clear from your message, if the Couatl menu disappears while FSX is running, or it doesn't even start. If it doesn't even start, the most likely cause is the antivirus blocking it.

As explained, many times already, it's NOT enough to just install with the antivirus off, you MUST also configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

I thought I was pretty clear and concise in my message. Furthermore I have configured my anti virus to exclude the above. It was my oversight  not to mention that in the original thread; however it does seem I am not the only one experiencing this issue and a fix is needed. You don't have to be arrogant because something has been explained already. I am not getting FSX crashes. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:17:57 am by Dazza74 »

Timonier

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 08:31:00 am »

I thought I was pretty clear and concise in my message. Furthermore I have configured my anti virus to exclude the above. It was my oversight  not to mention that in the original thread; however it does seem I am not the only one experiencing this issue and a fix is needed. You don't have to be arrogant because something has been explained already. I am not getting FSX crashes. 

I've also the same experience and I know very well what I must to do with the FSDreamTeam products. For now I've completely deinstalled all the FSDreamTeam airports and GSX otherwise I was unable to run FSX or P3D v2.4. Before GSX 1.9 everything was running smoothly on my computer (W7 64 Bits). I suspect a problem with Couatl and not GSX because I've already tried to reinstall an airport and the same problem still occurs.

So I'll wait patiently till a solution will be find ;)

Best Regards

Marc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 10:16:48 am »
I thought I was pretty clear and concise in my message

No, you weren't. You said you installed with the antivirus off, which is not enough, which is why I added the information that you MIGHT need that WAS missing from your post.

Furthermore. I have configured my anti virus to exclude the above. It was my oversight  not to mention that in the original thread

That's what I meant...

however it does seem I am not the only one experiencing this issue and a fix is needed.

Your issue doesn't even have anything to do with this thread, which is about ONE thing: FSX closing/crashing when the new Addon Manager is installed while, according to your own report, you lost the Couatl menu with no FSX crashes.

Entirely different, and there's nothing to "fix" in both cases, I'll be able to tell you what the real cause is in your case, when'll post a clear answer.

I am not getting FSX crashes. 

That's also what I've said about your report being unclear. You said: "Couatl is no longer visible in the addon's menu", so I'll repeat my question again: It's not entirely clear from your message, if the Couatl menu disappears at a certain point while FSX is running, or it doesn't even start. If it doesn't even start, the most likely cause is the antivirus blocking it.

I said "the most likely cause" it's the antivirus, which was an entirely legitimate answer, consider you haven't said if you HAD configured it correctly or not, you just said you installed without the antivirus.

Now, assuming it's not the antivirus, it doesn't mean that my question if Couatl disappears after a while or not even appearing is not valid anymore, since "most likely cause", doesn't mean the ONLY cause. There are other less common causes for Couatl not starting at all, but it doesn't make any sense searching for them, if you don't reply to the original question about Couatl not even starting, or disappearing after FSX starts.

Furthermore, since as I've said this thread is about FSX closing and NOT about "Couatl disappearing", by posting your issue here, you are just making this thread more confusing for everybody to follow.

So, after you checked if Couatl doesn't start or if Couatl disappears, as I've asked, please OPEN A NEW THREAD with the proper title ( "Couatl doesn't start" or "Couatl disappears" ), so other users might find it easily in the future. Do not reply here, please, because your issue doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

SWR2831

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 10:48:57 pm »
 :-\ I installed last Addon manager: lost of all Add-Ons, like FSUIPC,Sqawkbox,PMDG settings...and so on. PMDG MD-11 cannt be load (fsx crash), FS global weather cannt be load in fsx ::) HELP??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 11:10:25 pm »
PMDG MD-11 cannt be load (fsx crash), FS global weather cannt be load in fsx

If it's just the MD11 or that other weather program crashing, I can't see how this could have anything to do with the Addon Manager or any of our products. Are the Addon Manager and GSX working now ?